cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Openreach Engineer no show and no update report as to why ?

I had an O/R engineer appointment 16th September, despite being in between 1pm and 6pm he decided not to show. I had been supplied with Andrew's phone number on one of the numerous update texts from BT, when I decided to call it at 5:30 it went straight to voicemail, I left a message but no reply since 😞 

Checking on my BT the engineer completed a visit outside my property on the 9th of Sept and completed external work to my property (nothing that I saw).

Needless to say 16th Sept after 6pm I spent 1hour on the phone to BT to find out what has happened, eventually got a nice bloke in Merseyside who was very apologetic  but couldn't reach O/R until the following morning when he got straight back to me with a new appointment for 1st Oct 😞 He couldn't access the report from the 16th and all he could do was rebook me.

The problem is I think my line is underground and I probably need a contractor visit first to get the line from the road to my house, I have a horrible feeling the next engineer will call on the 1st Oct, have a look and clear off again delaying things even more.

Can anyone provide any advice about who I scream at, preferably without having to sit for 45mins in a phone queue first?  

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Openreach Engineer no show and no update report as to why ?

Please don't scream or swear at Customer Service Agents. They are there to help you and starting to scream when you do get through does not get the conversation off to a good start. Hopefully you might get through to one of the canny Geordie folk in Newcastle.
Message 3 of 7

The scream part was only a wee joke 🙂 I'm very nice really and the nice BT rep I got on the phone (eventually) last time was very nice and tried all he could to see what had happened. A re-book may just through up the same no show if the line hasn't been put in underground from the road to the house. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

It's a few years since I worked for BT Consumer and dealing with Openreach was not terribly easy then. You can only see what the last agent wrote up. If your landline is down get a divert put on so that calls route to your mobile. Keep going and hopefully it will be sorted soon 🙂
Message 5 of 7

Phone line is fine, though I only use it to phone BT anyway 🙂

I am a very long term BT customer and moving from FTTC to FTTP just need this done ASAP as the FTTC has been slowly getting worse speeds over the past year.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

No reason for a contractor first for an underground FTTP install. If you already have an underground line its almost certain to be ducted and the same duct will be used.

When you do decide to ring in here's the FTTP team direct number. 0800 587 4787

Message 7 of 7

Yep, I thought that too but a quick look around other local houses that have changed to FTTP in my area I can see the line coming up next to their houses and in through the wall. All houses built at same time with no overhead phone lines anywhere in my estate. 

I was really hoping it could come through existing duck into hall area without coming through the wall as I have existing ethernet connections to upstairs rooms from the hall.

Thanks for the direct number, I'm hoping I don't have to use it.

0 Ratings