cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Otonel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Openreach FTTP modem LOS red light

Hello. I have just moved into a new building and I am trying to get internet but calling BT Openreach I get told that my flat is not yet ready to receive the connection as the system is not yet active.
I did notice however on the modem this red light on LOS, whcih I am not sure what it means?
I also want to mention that 2 of my neighbours did manage to get internet in to their property, and I was thinking that there migh be something wrong with the modem connection in my property as Openreach can't see this as "fully working". Could it be the red LOS light? Thanks

IMG_5532.JPG

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Openreach FTTP modem LOS red light

Welcome to this user forum.

There is no such company as BT Openreach, it just  Openreach who provide the network for many other providers, not just BT Retail.

Who have you placed your broadband order with?

The LOS light means there is no Optical input from the external splitter, or its not been connected up yet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

LOS= Loss Of Signal

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

There’s no Light Source. So it’s either a faulty cable, not spliced in at the Splitter or as you live in a flat it may not be spliced in at the MDU Node.

Although as Openreach have said it’s not ready yet it’s more than likely they’ve not yet completed the Network Build.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Otonel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

But it's interesting I'm renting a flat, and my neighbour from the flat above does have internet.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

So, they might be connected to a different Splitter or SASA within the same Splitter.

There’s a block of flats on my Patch, the first 3 floors are on SASA1 of a Splitter and the top 3 floors on SASA2.
0 Ratings
Otonel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I live at floor three. This could explain the problem, and why I can't place an order and the flat above has internet already. Just had a chat with Openreach and have been told that the next review for the building connection will be on the 21 Dec. So basically they will not send anyone to check the connection in my flat. That's a bit unfortunate.. no internet over christmas.. Also my mobile internet barelly works as it's a 12 story high building and the network connection is very poor.. 😞
0 Ratings