cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Openreach - Lights on but can’t order

Go to solution

Hi Folks,

We moved into a new build property around a month ago. 

There is an openreach box installed- the power and PON lights are a solid green. The service is FTTP. 

I’ve been unable to order broadband so far, but all my neighbours have. I queried this with openreach and the answer was that it’s an addressing issue and it’d be sorted in a few days (alas, it wasn’t). 

I got an update a couple of days ago to say that there was movement and that  they needed to send an engineer to sync my line. However since the PON light is solid green (no red anywhere and LOS light is off) I was a bit confused and it’s left me concerned that they are not actually sure what’s up.  After querying this it then transpired that I may not need an engineer and my case would be passed to the commissioning team. All along I’ve been told that the engineering/physical stuff is all done and connected correctly (hence the solid PON)

Looking at other threads I see suggestions around the openreach database not being updated, which does make sense, but it seems to be taking a very long time to resolve

I appreciate things can slip through the cracks sometimes but I was just looking to crowdsource a bit of feedback as to what the issue may be and what kind of timeframe I’m looking at for a resolution.  

thanks!

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Openreach - Lights on but can’t order

Go to solution

Have you tried placing an order with BT or are you intending to use a different ISP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Oops - I knew I’d forgot something. 

Yes - tried calling but there was nothing they could do, they just noted that it was odd to have the lights on and not be able to place an order, but ultimately they could see they could not place an order. 

I’ve checked other ISPs just in case but I guess they all check back to the same place for serviceability. We don’t have hyperoptic or other networks as an option. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

If you are going to use BT did you phone the FTTP TEAM 08005874787?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks. I’ve not tried that number, albeit I do believe I already spoke to the full fibre team with the same result unfortunately 

someone I spoke to suggested that they may be able to try a few things since the lights are green, but I didn’t get much in the way of detail as to what that may be. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

I would phone FTTP TEAM direct and see if they can help you

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

It’s certainly worth a try - I’ll give that a go, thanks for sharing the direct number 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

You haven’t answered the question directly, are you going to use BT as your ISP ?, if the answer is yes , calling the BT FTTP  team may help,  if on the other hand , your intention is to use another ISP , and it’s Openreach you need to make your address ‘visible’ to the ISP you want to use , then this BT Consumer forum will be of no use , and calling ‘BT’ will be if no use,  you would need the ISP of your choice to interact with OR on your behalf.
FWIW, quite often , with new builds , it’s the plot number that is used when network is provided , but obviously the house/street number used by ISP’s, if the builder adds or removes plots , then there can be a mismatch between what the builder originally proposed to OR and what was built.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks for the detail. Yes I want to use BT FTTP. I called that number but I think it just went Into the regular queue however they’ve filled in a form although I suspect this won’t make a lot of difference in the short term. 

Part of the post was also just to ascertain any other experiences of similar scenarios with Openreach when trying to place an order and approximate times to resolve. I do appreciate this isn’t an Openreach community. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

@lsof989 

you need to keep trying the FTTP TEAM  when the number is busy the default is the CS helpdesk.  with perseverance you will get through to FTTP TEAM and should get some help 

0 Ratings