Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stompa
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Openreach Mk3 Faceplate Compatibility

Go to solution

I'll shortly be getting Infinity 1 and want to fit a mk3 faceplate. As far as I can tell my 20+ year old master socket is an NTE5.

Now looking online to purchase a mk3, some adverts suggest they're for use with an NTE5a, would those also work with an NTE5? It seems surprising hard to find a spec for the mk3!

Secondly, where's the best place to purchase a mk3. Ebay seems to offer the best prices, but the adverts seem keen to point out that they are selling the genuine product (which makes me wonder if they are?), does this mean there are fakes out there?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Openreach Mk3 Faceplate Compatibility

Go to solution

I would get the newest version of the master socket  https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/helpandsupport/how-toguides/howtoguides/downloads/NTE5C_Instru...

But I have bouight of the auction site for master and never had a problem - I wouldn't be surprise if ex telecom engineers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Stompa
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@imjollywrote:

I would get the newest version of the master socket  https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/helpandsupport/how-toguides/howtoguides/downloads/NTE5C_Instru...

But I have bouight of the auction site for master and never had a problem - I wouldn't be surprise if ex telecom engineers

Thanks. I appreciate there's a newer version, but was hoping to avoid having to change the master socket itself.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

then just get the middle section and slot it into your mk3  test-socket-thumb.jpg

shown by yellow arrow

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Stompa
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@imjollywrote:

then just get the middle section and slot it into your mk3  test-socket-thumb.jpg

shown by yellow arrow

Thanks, that was my intention. But as per my original post, will a mk3 that says it's for an NTE5a fit on an NTE5? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but it would be good to get that confirmed before ordering a mk3.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Yes.

0 Ratings
Stompa
Contributor
Message 7 of 7