cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Checked2013
Expert
Message 11 of 27

Re: Openreach ONT installed under the stairs - odd place?

Go to solution

As the developer did offer the work to be done as an option and you declined that option, it would be difficult to complain to the developer.

Your option now is to get in a contractor yourself to do the work (you will of course need to pay this yourself). You might have thought that what the developer was asking an extortionate amount, but you might find in the long run that it would have been a cheaper option to have paid the developer to do the work prior to the property being finished.  

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 27

Go to solution

@Jake883 

you need to remove the amazon link as not permitted on forum - or mods will

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Stins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 27

Go to solution
@Checked2013 I'm just trying to understand if there should be 2 ethernet ports as suggested in the previous post image, as in is it only a recommendation or should have been installed. If I knew for sure then I could hold the developer to account.

Whilst I do not disagree that it would be more costly now, it should have been made clearer in my opinion from the start even if I only had one pair installed just for the ONT. It's not until I've registered on here and started researching today that I've understood what it was properly for.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 27

Go to solution

For clarity, the responsibility for any wiring within your house is purely between you and the developer it has absolutely nothing to do with BT or Openreach. Openreach purely provide a suggested scheme that developers may or may not wish to implement. All Openreach provide is an ONT with one Ethernet port that connects to the WAN port of your ISP provided router, if that ISP is BT, they provide a Home Hub.

Jake883
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 27

Go to solution
not sure how i do that, i am new to this forum.
I can't see anywhere that allows me to edit the post?
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 16 of 27

Go to solution

It is only a recommendation. All the requirements the builder must meet end at the ONT as that is all Openreach take reponsibility for.

It is very short sighted on the developers part though. They are responsible for all internal wiring.

0 Ratings
Stins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 27

Go to solution

@Jake883 hover/click the 3 vertical dots to the right of the post and click Edit Post/Reply

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 18 of 27

Go to solution

@Checked2013Where in the entirety of this thread has anyone said they were offered it as an option?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 27

Go to solution

See message 8

0 Ratings
Jake883
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 27

Go to solution

Jake883_0-1589899150764.png

am i missing something?

0 Ratings