cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Openreach ONT serial number doesnt match property

Hi I’ve been having problems getting my order completed as the openreach ONT serial number doesn’t match what they have for my property. I called BT who were helpful and told me to email a photo of the ONT to ftthenquiries@bt.com

does Openreach have a number I can contact them directly on to get this sorted?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Openreach ONT serial number doesnt match property

Not one available to the public. You are not Openreach's customer, your ISP is. Openreach would only tell you to contact your ISP.

Give the FTTP team a ring. 0800 587 4787

Message 3 of 9

Ive rang them 3 times and they have been very helpful to be fair. The last fella gave me a 30 pound credit for my trouble. I think its literally a case of openreach updating their records and the problem will be solved
Message 4 of 9

I've literally just posted a similar problem as yours (apologies didn't see it!)

I've had this nightmare for over 2 months and even after it was corrected it still managed to be incorrectly changed when there should have been no trigger to do so 😞 

Hope you get it sorted!

Message 5 of 9

I have the same problem - its been 3 months (2nd Dec)

I cant get it fixed and cant leave as the serial number issue is preventing orders being placed - cant even get disconnected

Its been a total farce

Hope you have better luck than me

Message 6 of 9

I am having the exact same problem this has been going on for months. I understand that openreach need to update their systems so the address matches but why is it taking so long????
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Deleted, as new thread has been created.

Message 8 of 9

Hi @Keith_Beddoe , thanks for the response. Yes we ordered fibre on 15th December, we have had all the kit delivered and plugged it in but (obviously) just getting the orange light. BT have said they have escalated twice now with Openreach but still nothing. I've heard it can be fixed remotely but I don't understand why it's taking so long. I have just made call after call with BT and the answer is always the same - wait for Openreach... 😞

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

@qlikstu 

I have flagged up the issue, on your new thread, so you may get a reply there.