cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Openreach Planned Works & Upgrades

Hi There,

We have suffered with broadband issues for years and have been promised an upgrade in our area to replace a number of old aluminium cables that have corrosion issues.  About two weeks ago contractors from Openreach installed new underground ducts, termination chambers and have also installed fibre cables from the poles outside our house and these run back to the nearest DSLAM about 1km away.  Is there a way of looking up what works Openreach are going to do?

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Openreach Planned Works & Upgrades

@Mattshere wrote:

Hi There,

We have suffered with broadband issues for years and have been promised an upgrade in our area to replace a number of old aluminium cables that have corrosion issues.  About two weeks ago contractors from Openreach installed new underground ducts, termination chambers and have also installed fibre cables from the poles outside our house and these run back to the nearest DSLAM about 1km away.  Is there a way of looking up what works Openreach are going to do?

Many Thanks

No way, as far as I am aware.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

OK thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

All that seems to be happening around me. I signed up on the Openreach site, they said we were in the programme and there have been a few emails since advising of progress - no detail.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 9

They do publish some of their intentions on their website but I'm not sure if this will answer your question, see

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/briefings.do

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

This is what Openreach sent me recently - it matches what is going on around me

The trucks are rolling, here we go!

We're starting the upgrade of our network very close to your home. This phase of work can take up to 12 weeks to complete depending on how many premises are in your area and how complex our network is to serve each site.

Stop and say "hi" when you see us, and if there is any issue with our work in your area, tell us about it here and we'll do what we can to make it right.

We're sorry if we cause you any inconvenience during this build phase in your area but we are sure you'll be proud of your new Ultrafast service.

What's next?

As soon as we've connected the network in your street and fully tested that it's up and running, we’ll let you know when we’re able to accept orders from our service providers. That will be your cue to get in touch with one of them. They'll take over the management of getting your property connected, the in-home equipment installed and your new service configured.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

OK thanks, I'll take a look

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@AnonymousI don't know why you posted that Openreach link, neither you nor the OP can read any of the briefings.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 9

@pippincp 

Strangely enough, I didn't bother to check every link, I must have just got lucky with the one I did check.

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fibre-first#FibrecheckerX

0 Ratings