cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StuWok
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Openreach Routing Wrong preventing FTTC Connection

Please help, I built a new property and Openreach ran a new cable from can76 about 100m up the road to my property. All very simple.
Engineers visited and laid the cable from boundary to my building and connected the box.

Place an order with a service provider for fibre and for some reason Openreach routed the connection to can 46.

Had 5 engineers out and all reported that the routing was wrong but just not getting solved, several cease and re provides have taken place.

Finally Openreach told our provider they would send out a multi skilled engineer to switch the fibre port from cab 46 to 76(what ch is where the cable goes to)

Engineer came out and by the looks of things didn’t realise a new cable had been installed and has now reported new line plant has to be installed to connect to cab46!! Openreach don’t seem to be able to see where my cable goes even though they must have spent thousands of pounds digging up the road and installing new.

Openreach won’t believe me and are going ahead with a survey to install a new line to cab 46 before they can progress things.

All of the engineers I have spoken to have told me it’s nothing more difficult than routing solutions updating the routing to cab76.

Please help, I am caught in a viscous circle and unable to get connected.

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Openreach Routing Wrong preventing FTTC Connection

This is a BT Retail customer help forum, and has nothing to do with Openreach.

If you have placed an order with BT Retail, then its possible that someone may be able to offer advice, otherwise you will need to contact your chosen Service Provider for advice.

Openreach will not re-route a circuit if it is already connected to an existing cabinet, so you will not make any progress with this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

@Keith_Beddoe The problem appears to be the property is possibly physically connected to one cabinet but Openreach have no record of it.

@StuWok I think you will just have to go through the motions of having a survey and point out the situation when he arrives.

I would be surprised if the cable Openreach installed went directly to the cabinet, it would more likely to have been connected to a distribution point. That may be the problem if the DP is fed from cab 46 rather than 76.

0 Ratings
StuWok
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Hi, yes sorry you are right it does go to a DP and I have that number given to me by the engineer and I was also present when the engineer connected the cable to cab 76. Engineer gave me the cab number and DP number.

All very frustrating as all the engineers have said it’s nothing more than a back office correction with routing solutions and understand it when they come out but Openreach office based people just ignore it and latest engineer did make contact with me and clearly didn’t understand where the cable goes.

Looking for moderators help here please please.
0 Ratings
StuWok
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Cable is not connected to cab 46, service provider has spent 5 weeks trying to sort it and everytime it fails.

It doesn’t matter who I speak to they all say only Openreach can resolve it.
It is an Openreach problem preventing connection to the network which should be available to everyone.

I can’t become a BT customer if the connection can’t be made can I?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

I'm not sure the mods will be able to help here as this is an Openreach problem not BT Retail. Did you place the order with BT or another provider?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 7

0 Ratings