cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Openreach address incorrect

Go to solution

Hi. As the subject says my address is incorrect on the openreach database which is restricting my choices for provider. Anyone advise best course of action to correct this asap.

Im currently with BT. Ive been in the property 20+ years and was unaware the address was not the same as royal mail database.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Openreach address incorrect

Go to solution
Contact your provider and ask they do an ORDI ( Openreach data integrity ) check, to align the information that OR hold , with the RM/PO database .
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

BT IS my provider

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

So ask them, this is just a customer to customer self help forum.

0800 800150

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

And yet in previous posts they have been able to fix it online.

Re: Incorrect Openreach Address

Hi @Michael1987 Sorry that your address may be recorded incorrectly. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

PS please include your full address as listed on the Royal Mail website when completing the form.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

have you actually tried phoning CS 150   mods normally will help if you have tried CS first without making any progress

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Multiple times over the past 5 years, even on here and still not fixed. They somehow managed to change all my  billing info, but the root of the problem still remains.

See previous post

Message 5 of 5
Re: My BT - SORRY There's been a technical error

Looks like I was too quick to think my errors were fixed completely.

My billing address was wrong and now it's fixed, but you would have thought that ordering anything would use the same address. No it seems they are completely different.

Went to order a new sim, got through all the selections fine and just as I am about to select proceed, I notice the address the sim would be sent to is wrong. Checked back to my billing address and that is correct, why on earth would the addresses be different. HELP it was trying to get my address fixed in the first place that started this months of errors and customer support fiascos of lies and false promises. I HAVE ONE ADDRESS MY HOME PHONE IS ATTACHED TO.

How hard can it be to get an address corrected.

Stan

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Stand welcome back to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry your address is incorrect on the Openreach database and that this was not sorted when you were previously in touch.

I've sent you a private message so you can contact the moderation team and we'll be happy to help. You'll get the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

You asked on your previous post why there would be more than one address for an account, AFAIK, in the past it was possible to have an billing address , different to the address the service was being supplied at, more a business thing ( but presumably some residential customers may have benefited ) you could have several addresses but wanted all the invoice/bills to go to a central point for payment…( basically the branch office ‘bills’ were sent to ‘head office’ for payment ) …probably a historic field in a computer database that’s not needed anymore ( especially for residential ) with direct debit etc,  but if filled in incorrectly could cause issues, it however shouldn’t have any effect on moving providers as it’s ‘BT’ rather than OR.

If your ORDI has been checked previously ( and was OK or amended ) then issues you have may not be down to that, if of course it’s still wrong, it should be sorted, but you did say it was done on your early post.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

At the time there was only BT, OR was unknown to me, and for a naive residential customer to understand the intricacies of how an individual business works internally regarding addresses for billing and services is a bit presumptuous. I understand now, but if I have a problem with getting things delivered, I speak to BT customer services having no idea of OR role in all this. Hopefully once OR has updated their database all will sort itself.

0 Ratings