cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iangreig
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Openreach closing faults unilaterally

I have had quite a long-running issue with unreliable broadband on a Superfast FTTC deal . A number of job number/faults have been listed over the months  -- but I am intrigued by a practice I have never encountered in any other customer service situation. Openreach routinely close faults without any reference to me! So I may consider the fault to be 'open' and active, and even awaiting an engineer appointment, and when I track it (or talk to an advisor) I discover that is has been closed. Unilaterally. Without any discussion with me about whether the fault is fixed or not.

Has anyone else had this strange experience? Can anyone explain.....?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Openreach closing faults unilaterally

@iangreig 

Are you a BT Broadband customer?

0 Ratings
iangreig
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Yes, I have the most expensive service available anywhere, called Superfast.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Hi @iangreig  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that your fault reports are closed without the issue with your broadband getting fixed. 

Would you confirm what the fault with your broadband is and do you currently have a fault report open? I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team and you should contact us if you need our help getting this fault fixed and we will be happy to help you. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

cheers
John

0 Ratings
iangreig
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Yes, the fault has been running since August under various job numbers but Openreach keep closing it. It is now on referral to a good BT complaints manager who is doing her best, but who has little sway over what Openreach does or doesn't do.

My question for the forum was the general one -- Openreach has the most bizarre approach to fault handling I have ever encountered, especially with this practice of simply deciding to close a ticket! I have to telephone or check online constantly to make sure that the next promised action is happening, and that is when I have been told, on occasion, that the fault is "no longer open".

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 13

Then contact the mods as explained in the PM.

iangreig
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

Details offered to moderators already.

0 Ratings
Starwire
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 13

It’s not usually Openreach who close them. When you report a fault to BT Retail they report it to BT Wholesale who will decide whether it then needs an Openreach visit or not.

Usually if the line and GEA Service Tests OK Wholesale will just close it.

iangreig
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

Well, I'm certainly not marking that as an acceptable solution!

0 Ratings