cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maggie0911
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

Openreach database error

Hi. Moved house recently but only broadband option was adsl. Today i manage to talk to openreach field engineer as they were carrying some maintenance opposite the house and he suggested more likely there is some database error. Within 6 semi detached houses connected to the same dp (dp 488) 3 houses shows as fibre available but 3 as exploring option. Considering all on same dp same service should be available??? Is there any way to have it checked/corrected? Thank you
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Openreach database error

Enter your phone number and post results. Remember delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm

if phone one number won't work use address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Maggie0911
Beginner
Message 3 of 18

Hi. Thank you. I've checked this before and shows adsl only. But as mention engineer we spoke to said this is very strange that despite being connected to the same distribution point as next door neighbours we are not able to get fibre and they can. He mentioned to try to get to someone as hight up as possible in openreach so this can be resolved. All 3 houses with missing fibre are very keen to have upgraded https://gefco-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/r/personal/f005264_gefco_net/Documents/20180214_092722.png?csf=1...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Bluemoon87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Is it displaying as wbc FTTP for those where it is available?
0 Ratings
Maggie0911
Beginner
Message 5 of 18

Yes it does. Within 2 semi detached house 1 can have fibre other adjoining can't hence quering it
0 Ratings
Bluemoon87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

You could try calling bt’s Fttp sales team on 0800 587 4787 and explain the situation. They may be able to help.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 18

Make sure it's FTTP and not FTTPoD as they are 2 entirely different products.

0 Ratings
Maggie0911
Beginner
Message 8 of 18

Please see attached. It seems our house shows as connected to different exchange. Would this be possible despite same distribution point? And yes this is FTTP

Thank you for all your help

0 Ratings
Bluemoon87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 18

From the second screenshot it looks like the neighbours are on fttc (vdsl) as opposed to FTTP. FTTP on demand is a different product as mentioned above. Which cabinet and exchange are the results displaying
0 Ratings
Maggie0911
Beginner
Message 10 of 18

I've tried FTTP team but no luck. Our house shows cabinet 14 (Tile Hill), next door cabinet 4 (Tile Hill)

0 Ratings