cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 44

Re: Openreach engineer confirms I can get Fibre but website checker says no

The postcode check is the least accurate check as postcodes can cover multiple cabinets also your exchange are has 15 cabinets in it and only 2 have had fibre cabinets installed near them and those have been funded by the BDUK scheme not by Openreach as part of their rollout
0 Ratings
albax694
Beginner
Message 12 of 44

Ive used my phone number in the checker and its the same result.

On the attached iamge I used my next door neighbours phone number which shows he can get it, although he is in next street!

the x is where I live, my attempt at a square is where he lives!map.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 44

as you can see your neighbour is connected to cabinet 1 you are not you are on an exchange only line you could try and contact BDUK Scotland they may have more information on fibre in your area l
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 44

It would appear that the EO lines have been routed via a new cabinet outside the exchange and probably haven't been updated on the database yet.

0 Ratings
albax694
Beginner
Message 15 of 44

Yes I think this is most likely. I  believe im at the mercy of someone updating a database/computer somewhere! Very frustrating.

Our whole village was on EO lines, could it be the case that our street is still to be updated on this database but the others have already been updated on it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 44

It would appear that part of the village is served by Cab1 located in G78 3BQ, the rest from the exchange. Might be worth trying to find a number to input in the checker from somebody closer to the exchange to you and see if that has been updated.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 44

I absolutely agree with licquorice. The line will physically go through the cabinet but the database hasn't been updated. How long ago did the cabinet go live?

If you're not getting any joy with Openreach, try contacting the BDUK scheme responsible for the upgrade.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 44

according to this link https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm?xid=9045&cabinets=15108the cabinet it should have been live by October 2016
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 44

Nope, that's cab1 not E1.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 44

I was referring to cab P1 as it is the only one showing as enabled on that list
0 Ratings