cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 44

Re: Openreach engineer confirms I can get Fibre but website checker says no

As suspected, he's connected to cab1. What I am trying to ascertain (although not sure if it will be of any help) is if any of the previously EO lines are showing in the checker as available or not just to indicate if the whole new cabinet is not yey live and accepting orders or if just some properties are not shown correctly on the database. We need to find another ex EO line and see what the checker says for that. Possibly a neighbour in the direction of the exchange.

0 Ratings
albax694
Beginner
Message 32 of 44

I dont know anyones number im afraid closer to exchange. I take some heart from the codelook site that when i input my own number it did say fibre from 31/12/16
0 Ratings
albax694
Beginner
Message 33 of 44

Hi, just coming to update this thread to see if can help. The codelook website has now updated to show the cabinet we are connected too went live on 16th Nov. However our street still are at 'exploring solutions' per the Openreach website checker. I've spoken to Digital Scotland who funded the fibre cabinet installation as we are considered a rural community. They have said the reason only our street show as can't get fibre yet everyone else in village can is because when the funding was signed off nearly 1-2 years ago our street didn't exist!!
So although it's been confirmed by 2 openreach engines while at the actual fibre cabinet that every line in village is connected to it, Openreach website says no as when the cabinet was marked as now live only the addresses that existed at time of sign off have been marked as Fibre available!!
I cant speak to Openreach as when we email then they just say there computer says no, and BT say speak to Openreach!
Our home builder have said they will take it up with Bt but I'm not hopeful. We have a street of 40 houses with majority wanting fibre as the standard broadband is so slow.
I'm considering going to our local MPs surgery next week to ask for help but it really shouldn't be this difficult. Any thoughts/suggestions?
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 34 of 44

Had your homebuilder contacted Openreach at the outset (ie before development began) you would possibly have FTTP.

0 Ratings
albax694
Beginner
Message 35 of 44

I spoke to the homebuilder contracts manager. The infrastructure for the site is per advised by BT/Openreach.

Its only FTTC in our village

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 44

@albax694 Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll get this looked into. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 37 of 44

I did say possibly.

albax694 wrote:

I spoke to the homebuilder contracts manager. The infrastructure for the site is per advised by BT/Openreach.

Its only FTTC in our village

Then the homebuilder contracts manage should take it up with Openreach to update their records. Meanwhile take up the offer of help from @NeilO.

0 Ratings
albax694
Beginner
Message 38 of 44

Yes , we have put it back to contracts manager to see what they come back with and also responded to NeilO so hopefully get a bit further with one of them!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 44

I'm sure you will.

What cabinet does the Openreach checker show you're connected to? The new one which has just gone live?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
albax694
Beginner
Message 40 of 44

The first image is when I do the Openreach checker using my own phone number. The second one is my neighbour in parallel street.

My neighbour is in older house, much older. Showing as Cabinet 1. I am not showing any cabinet. Same exchange.MY NUMBER.JPGNEIGHBOUR NUMBER.JPG

0 Ratings