cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 44

Re: Openreach engineer confirms I can get Fibre but website checker says no

You're connected directly to the exchange according to that.

Have you had confirmation from an engineer that your line goes through the cabinet and that it has an E side and D side pair?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 44

If so, it's just a case of waiting for the databases to be updated. You could try speaking to an engineer if you see one, maybe they can escalate the issue with their manager to have the database checked out.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
albax694
Beginner
Message 43 of 44

I got to speak to an Openreach engineer this morning at the cabinet.

Unfortuntaly he has confirmed our street hasnt been connected. He traced my own line and said it is connected to exchange, 5 metres away from the Fibre cabinet! His words were he was 'dumbfounded' as to why it wouldnt have been done as it wouldnt have been any additional work to do it when they were doing the rest of the village.

Im now being told either the house builders will need to goto Openreach and request our street is connected to cabinet at their cost or we as community/street will need to approach Openreach to do it as Community funding.

Quite a few unhappy residents in our street who were 'told' the houses would be fibre ready whenever the cabinet went live in village! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 44

Unfortunately that is how it is and you need to approach the builder and see what their stance is. If they refuse to put their hand in their pocket then you need to look into the community funded partnership scheme.

Who told the residents? Openreach or the developer? If the latter, do they have it in writing?
0 Ratings