cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Openreach engineer didn't turn up

BT arranged for an Openreach engineer to visit us today between 8am - 1pm to upgrade our BB to Full Fibre Halo 1. The engineer didn't turn up. He rang at 2pm and said he wasn't trained on fibre broadband! And he said that another engineer had been given the job and would be with us shortly. He never turned up. I rang BT and they said they would credit my account with £25 as a 'goodwill gesture'. I have lost an entire day and am totally fed up. Just before 5pm a man who said he was from KM (something to do with Openreach?) rang and said he was arranging for someone to call tomorrow, which doesn't suit us. He sounded disinterested and bored, no apology for no one turning up He said as I was unhappy with the service he would ask the manager of the local engineers to ring me, needless to say he never rang. What appalling customer service! Has anyone else found a way to get adequate compensation from BT/Openreach for all this hassle?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Openreach engineer didn't turn up

Hi @FionaMc 

You may want to have a look at: https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/automatic-compensation regarding any compensation you can claim from BT.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks, I think £25 for a missed appointment is the standard compensation, but it in no way makes up for a complete lost day
Message 4 of 7

You are correct £25 is the payment for a missed appointment. I cannot see you getting any more than that.

To find out what is happening with your install give the FTTP team a ring. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Ok, thx, will try that

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Its not so much financial compensation that I'm seeking. It was a day lost out of my life that I won't get back again. Openreach don't seem to care one iota. If someone had phoned me this morning and said sorry, the engineer can't make it today, it would have been a minor irritation but I could have got on with doing other things. I want BT/Openreach to investigate why an engineer who wasn't trained in fibre BB was assigned to convert us to Full Fibre in the first place. And then after the job being re-assigned to another engineer this afternoon, why no one turned up. I'd like to understand how all that happened. And for BT/Openreach to give me a proper apology. They just seem to accept that missing appointments is the norm, which is not good enough.

Message 7 of 7

@FionaMcwrote:

They just seem to accept that missing appointments is the norm, which is not good enough.

Unfortunately, this sort of behaviour by Openreach is inevitable when you have an essentially monopoly supplier (unless Virgin Media serves your address) that has no obligation to the end user and suffers no financial penalty for its poor service.

0 Ratings