cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Openreach installation

Hi all. 

I have finally been able to order fibre to the prem.

I go "live" in a fews days time.

I'm due to receive my brand new smart hub 2 any day now.

So my question is, when should I expect Openreach to come to the premises to do whatever they need to do?

Will BT let me know or Openreach? Do they contact me as I assume they'll have to enter the property?

I'm currently on a copper line so there is no fibre line in the property.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 3 of 11

Re: Openreach installation

You'll have been given the date/time when the internal installation should happen at the time of ordering plus on the order confirmatiom. Openreach should attend to do external work only before then which you don't need to be in for

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Thanks for the reply. 

Oh.... thats not a good start. I've double checked my order etc and nothing. Just states that my "kit" will be delivered and that I go "live" in a few days.

Any suggestions what I should do next.....please....

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Phone FTTP TEAM 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

@garybs29  Depends if it is a 1 or 2 stage install. Most installs now are 1 stage meaning everything is done at the same time, both inside and out.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Thank you....

Yet another call to BT.

Wish me luck

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

@pippincp i know but i was going by the fact they've mentiined there's a copper line already so likely to be a 2 stage

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

@garybs29Please educate me, I'd be more than happy to know why. CBT fibre installs which Openreach are now using are 1 stage installs.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@pippincp The 1st link posted earlier by @gg30340 mentions 2 stage installations still, if that's changed BT need to update their info then

0 Ratings