mk2.jpg

So are these two the same or not?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Openreach master socket MK1 or MK2?

No they're not the same. One is a Mk1 and the other is a Mk2. This is a copy of what the Mk2 has.

The latest Mk2 version faceplate for super fast vDSL services such as BT Infinity. Designed to plug into a standard NTE5 telephone socket it is easy to fit, no rewiring is required as the faceplate fits in between the existing front lower faceplate and the rear of the NTE5 socket. Centralised vDSL filtering is then provided negating the need for plug in microfilters with an RJ45/RJ11 socket providing the connection for a modem/router. Alternatively, provision is made for a hard wired connection to the modem via a two way IDC connector on the front. This faceplate is backwards compatible with all ADSL services & represents the latest and best in broadband faceplates available on the market. The Mk2 version adds an RF filter for line stability (a filter for small Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise-REIN) & features differential and common mode filtering performances past 30Mhz.

Whether you would see any benefit would depend on the quality of your line

Message 3 of 6

Ok, thank you

0 Ratings
InterMatt
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

...I think I have a mk1 face plate then. Is it worth my while trying to get a mk2 do you think?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

It shouldn't do any harm if you want to change it but if you are not having any problems I doubt you will notice any difference if you were to change it.

0 Ratings
InterMatt
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Well the stats from my router say that I'm getting some errors but not enough to cause the connection to drop any more. If it helps stability then it can only be a good thing. DLM has increased the latency I'm experiencing so if the mk2 face plate has better noise filtering...I shall visit a well known action site and purchase one.

0 Ratings