Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kyreal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Openreach not added my address to a database

Hey all,

Recently moved into a new FTTP build. Everything is connected up, the PON is green and the LOS is flashing green. Apparently openreach have got to add my address to a database but this hasn't happened in the last 15 days. I've cancelled my old Infinity account and started a new order but it can't be progressed.

Is there any way any mods can help with this? I've gone through the FTTP team on the phone a few times and I've used the Openreach online form for new builds and still nothing of use.

Thanks,

Andy

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Openreach not added my address to a database

There's little you can do but wait I'm afraid.

Escalating within the FTTP team is your best bet.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 13

It may also be worth contacting the developer to make sure they passed on all the relevant information to Openreach.

Is the an FTTP ONT box fitted in the property?

0 Ratings
kyreal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

The developer has contacted Openreach and they've said it'll be done imminently. This was 3 weeks ago.

It's an FTTP ONT box in the property, yes.

The PON light is flashing green now and the LOS is completely off.

It seems there still needs something done by openreach but all the contact avenues aren't getting anything done.

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
alfiet123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Hi,

I am in the exact same boat. I have everything installed. Spoke to the Site Manager and he ensured me that everything Devlopment wise is done and 8 properties along our street are all waiting for the flashing PON number to stablize. No information from anyone and even the dedicated team say the same thing everytime. Given me a 20 working day waiting time for openreach to either complete the work our advise a new date. Just some information would be great. 😞
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 13

Contact the FTTP sales team on 0800 587 4787  explain to them the fibre and ONT are already fitted. They should take it from there.

0 Ratings
alfiet123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

If you ring the FTTP team (which I have a dosen times) then they take your serial number and send this to Open reach. This tells open reach that the box has been fitted and is waiting for service. They give you a 20 working day waiting time for either the work to be completed or for open reach to supply BT with another 20 day completion date. There is no communitcation to the customer and no one knows when the work will be completed. ITs a frustrating waiting game!

0 Ratings
kyreal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Yeh, this is pretty pathetic.

A 10 year old could be trained to add a line to a database. Hell, they could even allow us to fill in a webform to have our details added and just confirm that we're legitimate with a phone call. Automate the job rather than relying on overwhelmed employees.

Why there's a backlog of at least 20 days I have no idea.

I chatted to the FTTP team today and a nice lady let me know that some of the FTTP team at BT are being trained in how to do this before Christmas to help openreach along.

I haven't even been given a 20 day window yet. I'm just constantly pestering BT whenever I can to try to get it resolved. 

Irritating thing is that you can't even take it to another company and just not give BT the custom because it's dependent on openreach anyway.

I may just go with a sat connection at this rate.

0 Ratings
alfiet123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Ater weeks.. I get home and both my light and are now stable green.. ring to order! 'It on their database. STUPID

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 10 of 13

Not all that stupid when you consider the developer has to call in the Openreach clerk of works (not the correct title but close enough) to see if the work has been done correctly to spec. Once that has been done then the fibre has to be blown through to the properties, a seperate fibre to each & spliced outside (if it hadn't been there would be no solid green light).

The fibre contractors would then sign it off (normally when they've finished the contract for that build) and that is when the database would be updated.

0 Ratings