cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Openreach not including my house in FTTP rollout due to developers fault

Go to solution

Hi, My area is in plans to be upgraded to FTTP. My house is a new build that I moved into in 2019 which I expected to be FTTP already but the developer chose copper for some reason. I wasn't too concerned as the area was in plans for FTTP rollout. I used the fibre checker and for some reason, my neighbour's homes are part of the FTTP rollout but my house says "we have no plans ..." I contacted openreach who said they will get back to me soon, took over a month and they finally came back with an email stating my property has no ducts and is a "direct in the ground property" and said it is incompatible with FTTP so will not get FTTP. This ruined my day because it's not my fault the developer chose to save costs on my property which will affect me in the long run. To make matters worse, virgin media upgraded the surrounding streets but refuse to upgrade my street. Is there anything I can do to potentially force Openreach or my developers to install ducts or am I out of luck?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Openreach not including my house in FTTP rollout due to developers fault

Go to solution

@msproject 

Are you an existing BT Retail Broadband customer with FTTC?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Unfortunately not but I do plan to get Full fibre 900 if/when I do get FTTP.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@msproject wrote:
Unfortunately not but I do plan to get Full fibre 900 if/when I do get FTTP.

Then you really need to ask this question on your own ISPs forum, as this BT Retail Customer forum has no connection to Openreach. Its Openreach fibre not BT Fibre Broadband, which refers to customers who have BT Fibre, either FTTC or FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
I see , I will go to my ISPs community site but the thing is they don't have an FTTP product so I'm not sure if they'll really help much. Thanks anyway 🙂
0 Ratings