cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Openreach says 'superfast accepting orders' but I can't order any fibre services

Go to solution

Can someone explain please why I still can't order any fibre broadband, despite openreach stating that providers are accepting superfast broadband? This is what it says...

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 22.01.45.png

and then when I click on the 'accepting orders' pdf, it says this...

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 21.59.02.png

Any explanation as to why I still can't upgrade my painfully slow internet would be greatly recieved - thanks!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Openreach says 'superfast accepting orders' but I can't order any fibre services

Go to solution

@fibrewanter24 wrote:

Can someone explain please why I still can't order any fibre broadband, despite openreach stating that providers are accepting superfast broadband? This is what it says...

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 22.01.45.png

and then when I click on the 'accepting orders' pdf, it says this...

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 21.59.02.png

Any explanation as to why I still can't upgrade my painfully slow internet would be greatly recieved - thanks!

can you please post the results of this checker eiting out your phone number  please   https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm

Message 3 of 6

Re: Openreach says 'superfast accepting orders' but I can't order any fibre services

Go to solution

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 11.42.42.png

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

according to the dslchecker results you can order FTTC but due to your distance from your street cabinet the estimated speed range is 14/8mb with up speed 1.2/0.8mb

you should be able to phone options team to upgrade 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Ok thanks for that.

So even though it says 'superfast accepting orders', I will only be able to get the estimated speed range is 14/8mb with up speed 1.2/0.8mb for the foreseeable? Or is there a chance that I might be able to get faster in the coming future (as openreach have recently been putting cables up around my home)?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

at present that is best fibre connection you can get due to your distance from the street cabinet.  I may be at some future date openrach will provide FTTP but we all hope that will happen sometime

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.