cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Optic Fiber

Hey Guys, i would like to know if the Optic Fiber is coming soon to my area because my internet is trash honestly and is because we don’t have Optic Fiber. I live In E20DP

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Optic Fiber

This is a customer help customer forum for BT Retail  only openreach know the answer to your question

if BT customer enter phone number otherwise address  

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

The checker now give more information, including if the exchange is included in the FTTP rollout.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Openreach just released another 64 Locations that are to be upgraded to FTTP. 

The list on their website.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

How can I check that? I’ve been checking the website but I can’t find it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

What results did you get running dslchecker?

this is openreach new areas

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/09/openreach-confirm-67-uk-areas-for-next-fttp-broadband-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

"The checker now give more information, including if the exchange is included in the FTTP rollout."

FTTP Priority exchange does not mean the exchange is included in the fibre rollout.

I've checked a dozen exchanges on the Fibre First rollout (some recently announced, some being built and some completed) and they all say no to being an FTTP Priority Exchange.

It's more related to things like the Salisbury trials.

A quote from BTWholesale

"FTTP Priority Exchange

Indicates whether the premises/line is associated with an exchange that is part of a current fibre priority programme

• Y means the premises/line is associated with an exchange which is part of a current Openreach fibre priority programme. If FTTP can be served to this address then it will have priority over other products.
• N means the premises/line is not associated with an exchange that is part of a current fibre priority programme."

That info is in a section called "Exchange Product Restrictions"

There are no such restrictions for the majority of properties in the FTTP rollout.

It will likely be used in conjunction with WLR Withdrawal.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@j0hn83wrote:

"The checker now give more information, including if the exchange is included in the FTTP rollout."

FTTP Priority exchange does not mean the exchange is included in the fibre rollout.

I've checked a dozen exchanges on the Fibre First rollout (some recently announced, some being built and some completed) and they all say no to being an FTTP Priority Exchange.

It's more related to things like the Salisbury trials.

A quote from BTWholesale

"FTTP Priority Exchange

Indicates whether the premises/line is associated with an exchange that is part of a current fibre priority programme

• Y means the premises/line is associated with an exchange which is part of a current Openreach fibre priority programme. If FTTP can be served to this address then it will have priority over other products.
• N means the premises/line is not associated with an exchange that is part of a current fibre priority programme."

That info is in a section called "Exchange Product Restrictions"

There are no such restrictions for the majority of properties in the FTTP rollout.

It will likely be used in conjunction with WLR Withdrawal.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/09/bt-wholesale-uk-broadband-checker-adds-a-few-new-detai... 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

I've read that... It still has nothing to do with what your said?

0 Ratings