cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Orange flashing light smarthub2- no broadband for 3 weeks after moving homes

Hello, please forgive me if a similar question has been submitted before, I couldn't find anything relevant searching the forum.

I am a BT customer broadband only for 3 years now with no problems so far. I moved to a new flat on the 25/07/2024 and followed the process of moving home online etc and eventually received the text from BT that my broadband in the new flat is up and running. However, since the first day I have no broadband at all. Smarthub2 shows orange flashing light. I have turned on/off factory reset countless times and sometimes instead of orange, a purple flashing light shows. But 90% of the times is orange flashing light. The flat has two master sockets (each in different rooms) and I am using the master socket 5C with the "grey ends" cable directly connected to the router, without any filter.

I have gone through the BT guide of what each light means but to be honest, it is not really helpful 😕

The most annoying part is that this issue has been raised since day 1 with BT, an engineer was booked to attend today (that is 3 weeks later since the day I received the text that the connection is up) and didnt showed up at all!

I am very disappointed because the cellular signal is very poor in the building and I have a sick family member hospitalised abroad and have to walk around the streets to be able to communicate. Also took unpaid day off from my workplace to be here for the engineer but, as I said, never showed up.

I had to call myself BT again and was told a new appointment was booked but I really need the Internet connection back ASAP

Apologies for the lengthy message.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Orange flashing light smarthub2- no broadband for 3 weeks after moving homes

Hi @Skyliner 
Welcome to our community.
I'm sorry to see that you have had trouble with your broadband connection since moving and that you are still waiting on an engineer to fix this. I'm sure our team over the phone have tried everything they can do get this resolved without the need for an engineer visit. 
Let me know how you get on once the engineer has been.
Thanks
Lesley

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Orange flashing light smarthub2- no broadband for 3 weeks after moving homes

The flat has two master sockets (each in different rooms)

Have you tried both sockets to see if the connection is live on one of them?  Two master sockets suggests two lines coming into the property.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Yes, I have. And that one is not pre-filtered so I had to use the little filter BT posted me, without any luck.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@Skyliner 

do you have broadband and phone contract or broadband only?  if you have phone have you tried to see if phone works or are you on digital voice

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.