cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 28

Re: Orange light every 10 mins!!!

We don’t use a landline annoyingly so I can’t check as I don’t have a phone! 

Is there a way I can get an engineer through here? 

But im assuming unlike some others Iv seen that the log definitely suggests something! Rather than a mystery! 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 28

It might be worth either buying a cheap £10 phone or borrowing one. If the line is noisy, as it probably will  be, you can report the fault as a noisy phone line.

Otherwise, just tell customer services the engineer didn't clear the fault.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 28

Which is all well and good but Iv just been suckered into another 2 year contract .. I feel a bit inclined to say to BT to come fix it rather than me spend more money go identify their faults! 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 28

Your choice. This is just a customer to customer self help forum offering advice.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 28

No I know.. and I appreciate it.. but I’m sure you see my point! 

I massively appreciate the help

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 28

Hi @Wealey88 and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry you're having a few connection problems. I'd have to agree with @licquorice . The information you've posted points to an intermittent line fault. Your best beet would be to try the quiet line test. If you hear any noise (hissing or crackling) then report it to 151. Once the line is sorted your broadband connection will sort itself out.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 28

Thanks for the message! 

Should this of shown when they did the line test their end? Everyone kept telling me my line was fine? 

Just to clarify to do this test I need a cheap phone and just plug in? 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 28

Yes, just borrow one from a neighbour if you don't want to buy one.

Intermittent disconnections are very difficult to test and locate by their very nature.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 28

Spoiler
Spoiler

Just bought one.. I’m concerned this maybe one of those issues you read about on the forums that takes months to sort and no one can work out why. 

Made even more frustrating that I should of just left but was convinced it was a simple issue and to renew contract! 

Mug! 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 28

You would still have the same line and the same problem whichever provider you go with.

0 Ratings