cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Orange light on hub- can't connect to Internet.

Hi , so I had an orange light and couldn't connect to the Internet , I called BT they did all the line checks etc then sent out an engineer , he did all the line checks inside the house and checked the lines coming into the house and everything was OK..  so he then said we needed a new router because ours was outdated , so I called and ordered a new halo 2 hub and got a new deal, it arrived he next day and the orange light is still on. Now after calling back they "dont know when the next engineer can come and visit" or when the problem can be fixed. How did anyone else solve this problem?  Its an absolute joke. I am meant to be working from home and I havent been able to work all week.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Orange light on hub- can't connect to Internet.

@MarieP 

Welcome to this user forum.

If you dial 17070 on your landline phone, does the number that is read out, match your home phone number?

You have posted on the ADSL board, so I assume you just have standard broadband and not "fibre" broadband?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Yes I have tried all those steps. And sorry yes I need to be in the fibre forum, however it doesn't change my problem 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

@MarieP wrote:

Yes I have tried all those steps. And sorry yes I need to be in the fibre forum, however it doesn't change my problem 

This thread is in the right place now.

Are there any other lights showing on your new Smart Hub 2?

Light status What it means What to do
Blue Your Hub is connected to your broadband ok If you can't get online, it might be your device. Try switching your device off and on.
No light The power is off or the lights have been turned off using the Hub Manager Check that the Hub is plugged in, switched on and that its lights haven't been turned off in the Hub Manager. If this doesn't fix your issue, contact us.
Green Your Hub is starting up Wait for at least three minutes for it to turn blue. If it stays green, turn your Hub off and on again. If the light still doesn't turn blue, use a paper clip to press your Hub's factory reset button. If this doesn't fix your issue, please contact us.
Flashing orange Your Hub is connecting to broadband Give it at least three minutes to connect. The light will turn blue when your Hub is ready.
Flashing purple Your Hub is working but the broadband cable isn't connected Check if the broadband cable (grey ends) is plugged in correctly. And if you're using a filter, check that's plugged in correctly too.
Orange Your Hub is working but isn't connected to the internet Connect a device to your Hub. Open a new web browser window and follow the on-screen help wizard to get connected.
Red There's a problem somewhere Using the Power button, turn your Hub off and on again. If the light still doesn't turn blue, use a paper clip to press your Hub's factory reset button. If this doesn't fix your issue, please contact us.
WPS button flashing   If it's flashing blue, it's waiting for you to press the WPS button on your computer or device (you've got two minutes). If it's flashing red, it didn't connect - give it a couple of minutes and try again.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Nope, just a solid orange light still. Literally tried everything you could think of, it's a nightmare even getting in contact with them now. I just don't understand how they cant see anything on their end and also the engineer has said everything is fine on this end , yet there's still something wrong 🤷‍♂️
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

@MarieP wrote:
Nope, just a solid orange light still. Literally tried everything you could think of, it's a nightmare even getting in contact with them now. I just don't understand how they cant see anything on their end and also the engineer has said everything is fine on this end , yet there's still something wrong 🤷‍♂️

A solid orange light without a flashing blue one, would seem to indicate a faulty home hub. If you have recently upgraded, and its not working, then you are entitled to visits to sort it out.

When was the last time you had an Internet connection? Are you a new customer who`s connection has never worked?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Internet stopped on Sunday night. Engineer came out Tuesday morning, said we needed a new router so we ordered one. Our new one arrived today and the problem is sill the same with a brand new router. I cant see that being a coincidence tbh
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

We have been a customer for a few years now and never had a problem then all of a sudden they said we was out of contract and we needed a new hub🙄
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

@MarieP wrote:
We have been a customer for a few years now and never had a problem then all of a sudden they said we was out of contract and we needed a new hub🙄

Its quite possible that the Smart Hub 2 that was sent out, is faulty.

As this is only a customer to customer help forum, and this is going to need more detailed investigation by BT. 

If it was a line fault, then I would expect to see a flashing blue light.

I assume the hub looks line this?

Capture.JPG

I do not use a BT home hub, but its possible another forum member may have some other suggestions. It would seem unlikely that the original home hub was faulty. Its more likely a fault within the fibre cabinet.

I will ask one of the BT moderators to see if they have any suggestions, but they will not be online again until tomorrow morning.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

When you swapped hubs did you also swap power supply?

0 Ratings