cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

Orange light on new smart hub 2

Go to solution

Just trying to install my new smart hub 2. Followed instructions but all I get from the router is solid orange light. Have been through all the troubleshooting guides (powercycle modem, different cables etc.) but no luck. Previous house owners also had BT fibre, they had no problems. I also tried their old smarthub but same orange light. Any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: Orange light on new smart hub 2

Go to solution

Do you have a dial tone on your line? Are you connecting to the master socket?

Message 3 of 25

Go to solution
Thanks for quick reply. There's no dial tone when I connect through the hub/modem. There is one other socket in the house (looks like a NTE5 type), not sure if it's the master socket because it's not where the telephone line comes into the house, but I do get a dial tone and can make and recieve calls through it.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

do you have FTTP and connecting to an ONT like this

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

if not the are you connecting to the hub to the phone socket preferably the master of the phone socket that has a dial tone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution
Yes connected to an ONT. I think the power and optical lights are green
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

Does your hub have a red WAN port, if not you will need to configure LAN port 4 as a WAN port in Advanced settings > Broadband > Full Fibre (FTTP) mode

Message 7 of 25

Go to solution
Yes the hub has the red WAN port, which I've tried in the 4 ports on the modem.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution

Can you confirm the colours of all the LEDs on the ONT and whether they are flashing or persistent.

Message 9 of 25

Go to solution
What's this mean?

Have you got something between the box on the wall and the Smart Hub 2?
Cheers
Ted
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

@supertedsterWhat does what mean? There should be nothing between the ONT and hub. In the OP FTTP wan't mentioned so I presumed (wrongly) the OP was referring to an FTTC connection. Shows how important it is to give good information in an opening post requesting help.