cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: Orange light on new smart hub 2

Go to solution
"Yes the hub has the red WAN port, which I've tried in the 4 ports on the modem."

I was asking about this and wondering about the 4 port modem?
Cheers
Ted
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution

@supertedsterFurther evidence of making clear what you are asking about. However, there is no 4 port ONT in use by Openreach, there was a 2 port one but the second port was for Fibre voice which has been discontinued. Present ONTs have only one port.

As to the rest without an answer from the OP we  can only assume that the hub has a red  ethernet port and the OP was referring to the ethernet cable supplied with the red ends, not that either the ONT or hub knows or cares what colour the ends of the cables are.

Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

Sorry, I assumed the white box in the wall was an ONT.  Here's some photos of the setup. Solid green lights on power, optical and Lan1bt01.jpgbt02.jpgbt03.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

@sjm1 

When did BT tell you your service was activated, as you cannot assume an existing connection will work?

What service did you order from BT Retail?

You have an FTTP connection which has probably not yet been configured, but you have everything connected up correctly.

Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

Looks like I was wrong, haven't seen one of those ONTs before.

Message 16 of 25

Go to solution
I ordered Full Fibre 100, was sent an email it was ready to use 26th July. Anyone from BT here that can check this?
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

This is just a customer to customer forum, you would need to contact BT.

Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

Phone FTTP TEAM and see if they can help you 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

Not seen an ONT like that before but I suspect the 'Internet' LED would be lit if the service was activated.

Perhaps @Starwire might be along to enlighten us, if you'll forgive the pun.

Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

That’s an ECI ONT. Very rare.

I believe Openreach only used ECI in the original FTTP Trial Areas before switching to Huawei and then subsequently Nokia.

Personally I wouldn’t want to be on ECI, it’s antiquated and the speeds are limited. Last I heard they were supposed to be removing ECI Head Ends in favour of Nokia.