cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
camelopardis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 25

Ordered Superfast Fibre Unlimited (50mbps) but order details say Superfast Fibre Essential Unlimited

Go to solution

I ordered Superfast Fibre Unlimited and received a order confirmation email from BT saying my download speed would be 50mbps.

However, when I check the order under "MY BT", its shows the product name as "Superfast Fibre Essential Unlimited" with a download speed of 36mbps

Is this anything to worry about? I want what I ordered (50mbps) - has the wrong product been added to order?

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES
Message 2 of 25

Re: Ordered Superfast Fibre Unlimited (50mbps) but order details say Superfast Fibre Essential Unlim

Go to solution
There’s the 55/10 Package but it doesn’t mean you’ll get 55/10, or 50. You’ll only get what your line will support, which is based on many factors like distance from the Cabinet, Gauge of Wiring, i.e. if it’s 1000m of 0.6 Copper it’s going to perform a hell of a lot better than 1000m of 0.5 Aluminium. Also there’s the setup in your house, if you have Star Wiring that’ll kill it.

I suspect 50mbps is what Wholesale is saying will be your estimated top speed and the 36mbps is handback speed, as in how slow it has to be before they'll accept there is an issue with it.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 25

Re: Ordered Superfast Fibre Unlimited (50mbps) but order details say Superfast Fibre Essential Unlim

Go to solution

enter your phone number and pot results  remember delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

this will show range of estimated speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
camelopardis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks for replies - heres my adsl checker results:

Its a bit confusing that they put Fibre ESSENTIALS in the description on my order becuase essentials is usually a download limited product capped at 36mbps

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date   ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus

VDSL Range A (Clean)8079201974.1Available---- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)8078.2201968.9Available---- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 13.5--11.5 to 15Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 13.5Up to 1.511.5 to 15Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available---- 
Fixed Rate2 ----Available---- 
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapU      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date14-05-2018     
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution

can you post the stats from your hub - hub manager then advanced settings then technical log information

it certainly looks from what you say that it is wrong package and should not be the 'essentials' package but superfast fibre  unlimited package

try phoning options team on 0800800030 and see if they can sort it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
camelopardis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

The service hasnt been connected yet!  Its due this Wednesday 13th. I'm currently still on ADSL2 with old provider.

Just noticed today that BT is advertising a new service on its website called  Superfast Fibre Essential Unlimited 36mbps - this wasnt listed at all when I placed my order. I'm now going to wait and see what I get - dont want them to cancel the order at this stage becuase I'd lose my quidco referral etc.

However, as I definately ordered the 50mbps product and they've sent me an email confirming that, I shall call and complain if its the slower product.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution

I think you are probably right in getting the conenction up and running then complaining if wrong package

Message 8 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @camelopardis Sorry you have been placed on the incorrect product. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
camelopardis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution

Well my activation date has  now been and gone (yesterday) but I've heard nothing. The order is still showing that the smart hub isnt even dispatched yet and I'm still on my old ADSL2 provider. I've contacted the mods asking for an update

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

@camelopardis

did you complete the form by following the contact mod link?  mods don't normally respond to a PM

0 Ratings