cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 12

Re: Ordering BT broadband, only basic available but local cabinet has a FTTC waiting list?

As the engineer will only be going to supply a line and ADSL connection there is no need for hm to go to the fibre cab, it's doubtful he even has a key  as he's most likely just a line engineer not an FTTC one.

That said it is not unusual for a line engineer to tell you any BS you want to hear just to get the job done and get on with the next. YMMV.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 12

Re: Ordering BT broadband, only basic available but local cabinet has a FTTC waiting list?

Not going to lie i am dreading the appointment. I have to wait 3 weeks and I’m worried the engineer isn’t going to be able to install an cable into my apartmentI can’t see anything like a telephone pole around. On the complete opposite side of the building near the water meters there’s a manhole thing on the floor that says telephone but I’ve no idea how cabling works.

It seems the older building was converted into several individual flats and only one has a phone line which may have been installed during the refurb process, and I don’t have access to any part of the building where the flat with broadband is
0 Ratings