cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Ordi request

I am looking to sign up to super fast fibre. Bt have told me to speak with openreach to see if there is a cable in the cabinet I can use to get those service as most of my neighbours have it.
Openreach have said that bt need to submit an ordi request so that the address is listed as gold would that mean I can automatically get the super fast?
There is a bt line at the address but it's not active at the moment, I dont want to sign up with bt for the normal broadband as the speeds are too slow so how do I get an ordi request put through to then find out if I can get the super fast?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ordi request

Hi @rachelwood0510 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the confusion when trying to sign up for Super Fast Fibre.  We would only need to raise an ORDI request if you currently had an active line with BT Consumer and there was a discrepency with the address details.

As you have mentioned that there is no active line at the moment then when you place your order we would send it through to Openreach as a "bronze" address.  This will prompt a survey to understand what's needed to connect the line and once that's done the routing will be updated and the line will then be working with the address marked as "Gold".

Is your address registered with Royal Mail?

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Hi. Thank you for your reply. Yes my address is registered with royal mail correctly. If I sign up though I'll be tied into a contract and possibly not be able to get the super fast fibre so the service would then be no good to me. Is there a way to guarantee you can provide me with the super fast fibre if I sign up?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Until you get a phone line there is no way to know what is available to you. It's possible that fibre is available on your cabinet but by time you order there could be a waiting list - which would apply to all ISPs

enter your address and post result as this will give an idea of what could be available but phone number most accurate.   http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 6

Don't worry about being tied into an ADSL contract, if superfast is available to you its quick and easy to transfer onto it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I was told by 0800 800 150 that if FTTP became available I would have to cancel my ADSL + Phone deal + TV deal. And pay cancellation fees before moving to a new 18month contract with FTTP and now phone more expensive deal and no cheap TV.

Non transferable it was described as.

ADSL to VDSL free and no new contract.
ADSL to FTTP £xxx + new contract?

The reason for the £xxx they could not tell me the cancellation fee UNTIL I had signed the contract. The call was recorded.

I declined there offer and did not sign the new ADSL contract.

My present contract has 5 months to go and I can't wait to jump ship.

0800 800 150 have a habit of telling you what you want to hear not what is actually happening.

I have never seen any proof that these waiting lists exist either.

So get ADSL you'll be stuck with it for 18months if you don't win the lottery that is checking availability in your cabinet every day and as soon as it is available order it there and then. It will be gone by the afternoon in my experience.

If you know where your cabinet is and you see it having a twin bolted to it this will turn the lottery into a game of shooting fish in a barrel for a while.

Edited: For Spelling and not enough sarcasum

0 Ratings