cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Other apartments in the building have VDSL, but the one I'm getting only has ADSL?

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of getting a new flat, however I discovered that the broadband speed available is very slow and ADSL only. But when I look at any of the other flats in the building, they show VDSL is available up to 80mb/s...

I used www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com and it shows my flat as being on a totally different exchange to all the others. 

Is this something I can get changed? Whats going on?

Thanks

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Other apartments in the building have VDSL, but the one I'm getting only has ADSL?

I assume you mean you are on a different cab not the exchange   if that is the case then no you cannot change cabinet 

does the flat have an existing phone line?

was it your new address you used in the dslchecker?  can you post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Re: Other apartments in the building have VDSL, but the one I'm getting only has ADSL?

Yeah sorry I meant cabinet. I assume it has a phone line, I don't know the number of it yet. Yeah I used the new address:

Simplyjarvis_0-1605368749185.png

This is the one I'm getting ^

This is the flat next door:

Simplyjarvis_1-1605369003926.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

if your new flat is currently occupied then see if you can get phone number as that is most accurate way to find what is available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Bit pointless posting them without the exchange and cab numbers.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

unfortunately its not, I've asked for the phoneline from the landlord, hopefully that will help

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

sorry
Here is mine:

Simplyjarvis_1-1605369474090.png

Here is next doors:

Simplyjarvis_0-1605369466022.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Cab 162 is on the opposite side of Sutton Harbour and isn't FTTC enabled. You'll need to confirm you are on that cab when you get the phone number.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Just to add to this conversation, rang BT today, they saw the same issue, told me they'd raise a request as its just an error on the system because I should be able to get whatever out neighbours get if its in the same building. So fingers crossed 

0 Ratings