cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Overloaded cabinet

Ive been waiting since the 23rd to be activated. An openreach man came today and said my cabinet has been overloaded with too many houses connected to it and he doesn’t know when it will be fixed. He said all the houses have no internet on this street but we are the only ones who have actually moved in on this street.

how do I claim the compensation off BT? Will ringing BT help push it along? Im at the end of my tether here I’ve had to use annual leave as I work from home and am a key worker.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Overloaded cabinet

Are you moving to a new build?  Are you getting FTTP or as you mention street cabinet are you getting FTTC?  FTTP does not come from cabinet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

A new build and Its FTTP, the engineer said something is overloaded, what could it be? He looked at the ONT and put a light or something in and went and had a look at something in the street and said he cant fix it and they have known about it since before we got the keys.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

As it is FTTP have you tried phoning the FTTP TEAM and see if they can help you get connected 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings