cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrutless
Contributor
Message 1 of 30

P2P speed 10kb/s at peak times...WHERE IS THE TOTALLY UNLIMITED PART?

Im on infinity option 2 and have been for a while, my contract (apparently) runs out May next year because I 'extended my contract' although I do not remember agreeing to do so.

Anyway my gripe is the fact that BT are advertising totally unlimited (no traffic shaping at peak times) yet I have run a Glasnost test and it has come back with this:

Is your upload traffic rate limited?

Your ISP appears to rate limit your uploads.

Details:

*Your ISP appears to rate limit your BitTorrent uploads. In our tests, uploads using control flows achieved up to 9624 Kbps while uploads using BitTorrent achieved up to 987 Kbps.

*Your ISP appears to rate limit uploads on port 6881. In our tests, uploads on port 6881 achieved up to 9624 Kbps while uploads on port 52054 achieved up to 992 Kbps.

Is your download traffic rate limited?

Your ISP appears to rate limit your downloads.

Details:

*Your ISP appears to rate limit your BitTorrent downloads. In our tests, downloads using control flows achieved up to 24041 Kbps while downloads using BitTorrent achieved up to 10 Kbps.

*Your ISP appears to rate limit downloads on port 6881. In our tests, downloads on port 6881 achieved up to 24041 Kbps while downloads on port 52054 achieved up to 10 Kbps.

Where do I go with this now? I have tried online chat with 'Soumik Mukherjee' and he/she cannot help me as they "do not supporting p2p connections". Is there anyone at BT who can help get my speeds increased to what they should rightfully be and advertised at????

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 30

Re: P2P speed 10kb/s at peak times...WHERE IS THE TOTALLY UNLIMITED PART?

Guru
Guru
Message 3 of 30

Hi wrutless,

When did you order your BT Infinity broadband service?

If you ordered your BT Infinity service before 1st Feb 2013 then you will not be on the "Totally Unlimited" service.

If you ordered Totally Unlimited BT Infinity 2 after 1st Feb 2013 then the traffic management policy will be relaxed and P2P restrictions are removed.

Though to benefit from "Totally Unlimited BT Infinity" you would have needed to order a Totally Unlimited BT Infinity service after 1st Feb 2013.

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
wrutless
Contributor
Message 4 of 30

Re: P2P being throttled

Hi Mods, I am having the same problem as everyone else in this thread...apparently I re contracted in May 2013 when I singed up for the free BT Sport. My P2P is being throttled after running the Glasnost test. Could a mod please help me as I have tried with tech support and online chat and both were useless to say the least 😞

0 Ratings
wrutless
Contributor
Message 5 of 30

I ordered July 2012 but recontracted in May 2013 when I took up the option of having BT sport for free

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 30

you should be able to upgrade online by following the order procedure on the BT .com site
0 Ratings
wrutless
Contributor
Message 7 of 30

Wont that extend my contract again though? I dont want to do that really if i can avoid it...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 30

As you recontracted after February 2013 you should be on the totally unlimited, no restrictions etc. It appears to be difficult to get any of the Customer Service staff at the call centres to understand this.

You best help will be if a moderator can help you. If they can help they will contact you via this post.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 30

you will have to re contract regardless even if the mods become involved
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 30

Why should he have to re contract, he did this in May this year so should have been put on the unlimited package.

0 Ratings