cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snowmeow
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 30

Re: P2P speed 10kb/s at peak times...WHERE IS THE TOTALLY UNLIMITED PART?

I have  Infinity and have 2 lines. One has employee Infinity and the other is normal unlimited Infinity. I have the same issue I can't download anything after 4pm until after midnight during the week. At weekends its all day. It also affects xbox live as the game i play uses p2p so i get a lag and eventually cut off. This is the same on both lines. I can't upgrade the employee line and the normal line should be unthrottled anyway so no options to change that. I would be interested to know if anyone has found a cure for this.

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 12 of 30

Hi,

What I think has happened is that when the OP ordered BT Sport, they were just recontracted and kept on the previous BT Infinity2 service and did not upgrade to the newer Totally Unlimited Infinity service.

It may be that the previous Infinity2 service ,which is restricted in terms of P2P and traffic managed, is still on the ordering system and therefore unless you state the Totally Unlimited Infinity product you may not get upgraded to the Totally Unlimited service.

The OP may be required to recontract as it will need to be orders over the system.

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 30

@gg30340 wrote:

Why should he have to re contract, he did this in May this year so should have been put on the unlimited package.

this  seems to be the procedure to move to the  totally unlimited package was the OP asked at the time  or did he ask two unanswered questions according  to the sticky on this forum about the product a new  contract has to be agreed to be moved on to totally unlimited 

0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 30

Seems to be some confusion on this forum over the 1st February date. Up until at least may this year bt employees could pick between totally unlimited and throttled service for Infinity (throttled being cheaper). Up until may also BT had not introduced a BT Employee totally unlimited package either on infinity or standard broadband
0 Ratings
wrutless
Contributor
Message 15 of 30

So what do you think would my best option be? Do I start a new order online and re contract yet again or try and get my existing Infinity changed over?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 30

When you extended your contract for BT Sport, you weren't changed over to the new totally unlimited package, you remained on your old one. This was made clear at the time.

In order to get Totally Unlimited, you will need to upgrade and start a new contract.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
wrutless
Contributor
Message 17 of 30

It was not made clear at the time because I had no idea that BT had removed traffic shaping from Feb 13

Could a Mod please help me with this problem?

0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 30

You won't get a different product without extending your contract
0 Ratings
wrutless
Contributor
Message 19 of 30

Ive noticed other people in other threads with the same issue have had it recified by the mods, are you sure?

From another thread posted by bloke666:

"

Update on my situation.

Mods contacted me by phone and explained that although I re contracted in July, my package was not changed from the original Unlimited Infinity 2 to the Totally Unlimited Infinity 2.

Sean who I spoke to was extremely helpful and said that he would get it changed to the new package which now has been done and I can report that Glasnost test now comes back all clear, no shaping at all.

So, anyone who has this problem, be nice to the mods they are worth their weight in gold and far more helpful than trying to acheive this by calling BT.

Good Luck.

Regards."

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 30

Hi wrutless,

Thanks for posting. If you've having the same problem I can help. Just drop me an email with the details. You'll get the "contact us" link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings