Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: PING ISSUES

Go to solution

@Locky wrote:

I reboot my modem every week via the web admin page, this is the best way to do it as it sends a command to the cab so it doesn't see it as a dropped connection, well in theory it does.

That use to work with some old ADSL modems. Mostly USB ones. I think the first modem to do that was the green frog.

0 Ratings
mrnumbskull
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Is it possible to get to a config / admin page of the white FttC modems? Is their address just the gateway address on the router? (I have a very recent install with the white modem and HH3).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

The modems are locked and unlocking them breaks the ToS. You can buy unlocked ones on ebay for about £20!

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
zagnome
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

@mrnumbskull wrote:

Is it possible to get to a config / admin page of the white FttC modems? Is their address just the gateway address on the router? (I have a very recent install with the white modem and HH3).

Huawei or ECI? 

0 Ratings
Locky
Expert
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

@Ratty2012 wrote:

@Locky wrote:

I reboot my modem every week via the web admin page, this is the best way to do it as it sends a command to the cab so it doesn't see it as a dropped connection, well in theory it does.

That use to work with some old ADSL modems. Mostly USB ones. I think the first modem to do that was the green frog.

I think the same still stands, I think it's the way broadcom chipset works.

0 Ratings