cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
scavill
Message 1 of 3

PLEASE HELP! Infinity Customer Service Nightmare!!

Hi all, this is going to be quite a long post but hope someone can help me!

I ordered Infinity op.2 with line rental/calls etc on 24th July after deciding to move to BT from another LLU provider.

BT said that everything would be up and running today 9th August, between 8-1pm. Engineer came round today (someone from a contracted company) and installed the white modem, but then went to the cabinet, came back and said he cant connect the Internet as the phone line hadn't been activated yet! He then left and about 2 hours later I got a message saying that my line had been activated, but I have no dial tone or any noise what so ever when I pick up the phone. (have used 3 landline phones to test)

First off, doesn't anyone talk to anyone else in this company? How can a phone line be activated 'any time up until midnight' and the broadband from 8-1pm?

So I ran a line test on bt.com (using a rubbish mobile Internet dongle ive been using for about 2 weeks as ive had no Internet!) and BT say there is a fault outside my property that they have to fix. The problem I now have is that BT have now changed my Infinity install date to 27th August! 

After phoning BT's standard number, no one seems to know what the problem is and I cant get hold of anyone about the specific problem im having! Ive been on hold as they are 'very busy' for the past 40 mins with no answer. 

I honestly cannot go another two weeks without significant Internet access as I am a freelancer who uses it daily from home for work. I am finding BT's lack of customer service and communication between engineers shocking and will be cancelling if it does not get up and running within the next week. 

PLEASE if anyone knows a specific number to ring or have had a similar problem please let me know, as I feel its going to be a hassle to even get hold of anyone.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
One-Sheet
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: PLEASE HELP! Infinity Customer Service Nightmare!!

I have to agree BT's sales & customer service is terrible! we moved into a brand new property over a month ago, we have FTTP installed and even a openreach fibre modem which the openreach guy said is now linked back to the exchange and all working. but i have phoned bt to try and order phone / infinity 8 times now and none of them have had any idea what im trying to order, and try to sell me a standard phone line & adsl service which would be impossible to install on the estate we live on as its pure fttp! they also say i would have to order a phone line before any broadband package as i dont have one installed which would have a £130 engineer call out / installation charge! at which point i say forget it!

I cant believe such an established company is so badly organised. all i can thank at the moment is three for there great mobile internet arround here! i've sent one of the mods on here details of the problem so hopefully he will be able to get somewhere with it, other than that im giving BT another week then i'll be going with one of the two wireless internet companys arrond here that have a pretty good reputation, and no doubt 100% better customer service!

Sorry this reply doesnt help you at all, but i feel your pain!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: PLEASE HELP! Infinity Customer Service Nightmare!!

@scavill wrote:

Hi all, this is going to be quite a long post but hope someone can help me!

I ordered Infinity op.2 with line rental/calls etc on 24th July after deciding to move to BT from another LLU provider.

BT said that everything would be up and running today 9th August, between 8-1pm. Engineer came round today (someone from a contracted company) and installed the white modem, but then went to the cabinet, came back and said he cant connect the Internet as the phone line hadn't been activated yet! He then left and about 2 hours later I got a message saying that my line had been activated, but I have no dial tone or any noise what so ever when I pick up the phone. (have used 3 landline phones to test)

First off, doesn't anyone talk to anyone else in this company? How can a phone line be activated 'any time up until midnight' and the broadband from 8-1pm?

So I ran a line test on bt.com (using a rubbish mobile Internet dongle ive been using for about 2 weeks as ive had no Internet!) and BT say there is a fault outside my property that they have to fix. The problem I now have is that BT have now changed my Infinity install date to 27th August! 

After phoning BT's standard number, no one seems to know what the problem is and I cant get hold of anyone about the specific problem im having! Ive been on hold as they are 'very busy' for the past 40 mins with no answer. 

I honestly cannot go another two weeks without significant Internet access as I am a freelancer who uses it daily from home for work. I am finding BT's lack of customer service and communication between engineers shocking and will be cancelling if it does not get up and running within the next week. 

PLEASE if anyone knows a specific number to ring or have had a similar problem please let me know, as I feel its going to be a hassle to even get hold of anyone.

You could try ringing 151 and reporting a line fault without mentioning Broadband.

0 Ratings