cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thatmandan
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

PON Light Flashing - No Clear Answer From BT or Openreach.

Hi All, 

I moved into a New Build property almost a month ago, and unfortunately due to some blocked pipe work (or something along those lines) the Openreach modem was not installed and internal/external wiring was not completed.

This was eventually sorted last week, and the engineer advised that once the LOS light had turned off, we could place an order. However, when I contacted BT after noticing the light out, they advised that I need to wait for the PON light to stop flashing, which would be within 24 hours. 

This was 4 days ago....

I've contacted both Openreach & BT, who both advise that I need to speak to the other(?)

All I want to know is how long I'm likely to be waiting, or is it a case of how long is a piece of string?

Is there something I can do to speed up the process? It would be nice to have this sorted before Xmas, as I use the Internet for my TV services, and 2 young kids will drive me to the point of no return without any cartoons etc. 

Any help is much appreciated. 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: PON Light Flashing - No Clear Answer From BT or Openreach.

The only people you can talk to is the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 13

Ring the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787, give them the serial number of the  ONT and ask them to check and/or register it for you with Openreach.

thatmandan
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Thanks All. I'll give them a ring. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

A Flashing PON Light at least means it’s connected to a Light Source, it might not necessarily be the right one though. 😬
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 13

@Starwire2000 wrote:
A Flashing PON Light at least means it’s connected to a Light Source, it might not necessarily be the right one though. 😬

Or the ONT has't been registered on the system.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

A Flashing PON could mean a dozen different things.

Unlike Copper Faults it’s extremely difficult to confirm what it is without the GEA Circuit being checked by the Openreach DCoE.
0 Ratings
thatmandan
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

@Starwire2000wrote:

Ahhhh, Don't say that! :smileysad:

0 Ratings
Highlighted
thatmandan
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

@Starwire2000wrote:
A Flashing PON could mean a dozen different things.

Unlike Copper Faults it’s extremely difficult to confirm what it is without the GEA Circuit being checked by the Openreach DCoE.

I'm not sure it's an actual "fault", just that the installation/setup has not been completed. Nobody wants to tell me though. 

0 Ratings
thatmandan
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

Had an email from Openreach this morning, advising that they need to connect our property to the onsite splitter, which can take around 2 weeks.

Once this is done, the final tests will be conducted and then an order can be placed.

Pretty annoying considering we’ve been in the property for a month already, and now we’re going to have to wait for what sounds like another month.

What can you do though I guess.

0 Ratings