cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 13

Re: PON Light Flashing - No Clear Answer From BT or Openreach.

Something seems odd, you had a reply from someone who deals with fitting FTTP stating that if the PON light is flashing , it's receiving a light source , so presumably is already spliced in a splitter , otherwise how is 'light' getting to your ONT ?

Others in similar situations have had the OR engineer call with the serial number of the ONT ( or scan the bar code ) to the FTTP 'back office' to (presumably) get the ONT recognised of the system, is it the specific FTTP team that have told you that your fibre needs connecting to the splitter ?, perhaps you are on the 'wrong' splitter,and it needs resplicing ,  did the engineer that has already visited do anything with the ONT serial number , or did the FTTP ask you to read the number out to them ?

0 Ratings
thatmandan
Beginner
Message 12 of 13

@iniltouswrote:

Something seems odd, you had a reply from someone who deals with fitting FTTP stating that if the PON light is flashing , it's receiving a light source , so presumably is already spliced in a splitter , otherwise how is 'light' getting to your ONT ?

Others in similar situations have had the OR engineer call with the serial number of the ONT ( or scan the bar code ) to the FTTP 'back office' to (presumably) get the ONT recognised of the system, is it the specific FTTP team that have told you that your fibre needs connecting to the splitter ?, perhaps you are on the 'wrong' splitter,and it needs resplicing ,  did the engineer that has already visited do anything with the ONT serial number , or did the FTTP ask you to read the number out to them ?

The email I had re: needing to be connected to the splitter was from fttpnewsiteescalationssi@openreach.

I did wonder how the lights were flashing if it hadn't been connected?

I had text the SN of the ONT to BT as they had asked for it a while back, before I'd even had the ONT installed. 

I'm going to contact our rep for the developer and see if she can pull any strings. There's a few houses in the same boat. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
thatmandan
Beginner
Message 13 of 13

Update - 

Having chased our Developer, who in turn spoke with Openreach, they have advised that there are a group of house they are hoping to have 'commissioned' (the term they used) by Friday, and we should then be able to place an order. 

Im guessing it will still be after Xmas by the time we receive the router etc? but at least there is (hopefully) an end in sight. 

0 Ratings