Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JU57ICE
Beginner
Message 1 of 22

PON light still flashing

Go to solution
We recently bought a new build house and an open reach engineer came approximately 3 weeks ago to install the modem etc and the same was performed next door. At this point I was told to wait for the PON light to go solid green then I could place my order. Suffice to say the light is still flashing. Next doors is working fine.

How long does this typically take to go solid?

I have spoken with BT several times and the response is either they don't know why or just continue to wait.

Thanks for any help and info
0 Ratings
21 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: PON light still flashing

Go to solution
best to contact the FTTP sales team who would know more.

0800 587 4787
JU57ICE
Beginner
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution
Thanks, I'll do that. I think I have been routed to them before when asking about connection, but worth another go I suppose.

Do you know if it's typical to take so long for a connection to establish?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution
it sounds like you have an activation problem and really need the FTTP teams help with this
0 Ratings
Jscott911
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

I'm having same problem been 9 weeks now since installation any ideas on how you got this solved?Been in contact with BT they said we just need to wait for the light to go solid..just a waiting game.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution
Contact the phone number posted earlier they should be able to help you
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @Jscott911 and welcome.

As @john46 has mentioned you'll need to contact the FTTP team on the number above for help with this.

@JU57ICE did you get this sorted?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDavidM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
JU57ICE
Beginner
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution
Yes I did. It turned out that the installation engineer had failed to register the router/modem after the installation was complete. We were able to find an Openreach engineer by chance (friend of a friend) who asked for the serial number of the device. Within 45mins it was steady on and working.

My thought would be after 9 weeks it may well be the same issue. How you deal with this outside of chance meeting I do not know. If OpenReach are installing in your area I suggest you speak to a friendly engineer.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

Glad to hear you got it sorted @JU57ICE. Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDavidM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

@JU57ICE wrote:
Yes I did. It turned out that the installation engineer had failed to register the router/modem after the installation was complete. We were able to find an Openreach engineer by chance (friend of a friend) who asked for the serial number of the device. Within 45mins it was steady on and working.

My thought would be after 9 weeks it may well be the same issue. How you deal with this outside of chance meeting I do not know. If OpenReach are installing in your area I suggest you speak to a friendly engineer.

The FTTP team will be able to sort it out for @Jscott911 if given the serial number.

0 Ratings