cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

POS 57 to 76 Mbit SuperFast 2, but on 41 Mbit, is this Breach of Contract?

Just recently been suffering problems, having received a steady 58 Mbit for over a year, I had a Broadband and Line Fault, which took almost two weeks to get fixed, but I'm now on 41 Mbit, and its never any faster, yet I renewed my 18 month contract before the problems, and now I'm not getting what I paid for.

Is this Breach of Contract by BT?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: POS 57 to 76 Mbit SuperFast 2, but on 41 Mbit, is this Breach of Contract?

This probably the result of the problems you had with your connection and you connection will recover given a few weeks stable connection

Post stats  if hh6  then advanced setting then technical log information 

enter phone number and post results. https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 3 of 9

Now this is confusing, a female voice on the telephone said I should report back connection problems within 48 hours, so will be responding to her on an 0800 number on Monday, the BT Website says leave it 10 days and if there's no improvement after 1st February I'm to report a Broadband fault, and now I have advice from your good self to wait several weeks, so I'm thinking if no improvement after 12th February (three weeks since the fix), I should raise a fault at that time.

So whose instructions should I follow?

In any event, I thought about ordering UltraFast 1, which at least has a guarantee on the speed connection, and by telephone to BT I'm told I can order it, but online I'm told its not in the street, so what do I do?  Order it on the telephone and find the Engineer in the street scratching his head how to connect me as its not there, or ask them to provide what they said they would?

I think there's a lack of people all being on the same page here, and as the customer I'm left to guess what to do.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Perhaps if you posted the requested information we might be able to assist further

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 9

Screenshot (85).png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Hub stats?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

I don't have a Hub, I have a BTOpenreach ADSL  Modem, Netgear SRX5308 4x WAN Firewall Router, and 2x tp-link AC1200 EAP225 Load Balancing Access Points, I've never used a BT Hub, and don't need one, I'm CCNA.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

In that case we'll never know your sync speed or line capability.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

as you can see from the dslchecker results you have no FTTP available to you. FTTPoD is something different and normally due to cost is for business

is your connection stable for weeks or is it still dropping connection? Just a pity you cannot post any meaningful stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings