cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Storm
Expert
Message 31 of 246

Re: PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

Appreciate where you are coming from however I have been asked to put the HH3B back on and leave it on until Wednesday.

At least it will prove there is nothing external that is causing this issue other than the remote connection to the HH5.

As for investigating this issue I'm sure BT have enough equipment to carry out their own investigation, I'm a paying customer not a trouble shooter for BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 32 of 246

Lol, so you expect the community to sort out your problem but hide behind excuses when it's your turn 😉
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Storm
Expert
Message 33 of 246

Excuse me? No as I said I have been asked by 2nd line support to reinstate the HH3B and ECI modem, this is exactly what I have done.

I hide behind nothing and I've actually done more than my fair share of testing over the time I've had this so called service.

Oh and while I'm at it, what sort of response is that to anyone, hardly adding anything to the forum is it?

I actually want BT to take charge of this issue as it's not just me that's suffering this, whilst I appreciate forums are good to share experiences it would seem no one in here can resolve this issue, we pay BT for a service they need to investigate and resolve this issue now not us.

FYI I'm a Chartered Engineer myself and would not expect a single one of my clients to carry out investigative work when something goes wrong, that would be my or my employers responsibility.

Highlighted
Volvo56
Beginner
Message 34 of 246

I have a HH5 and experienced these reboots 2 or 3 times a day. I have now put the Openreach modem back and then connected this to the HH5 Wan port. Result so far......10 days uptime without a single reboot. Leads me to think that there must be a problem with the HH5 inbuilt modem.
Tags (2)
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 35 of 246

Its only a recent problem so I wonder if the .1.6 firmware is broken and a new update will fix it.

Thankfully these disconnects only happen once a day for me *touch wood* so not a major issue. I am reluctant to go back to the old openreach modem though as the Hub 5's modem for me seems to be miles better to the tune of 6 extra meg download speed.

0 Ratings
Storm
Expert
Message 36 of 246

Well so far so good with the old ECI modem and HH3b, no reboots yet. The problem now is I've lost some 21% (8.5Mb) off my download speed (originally around 41Mb now around 32.5Mb), ironically my upload speed has gone back up to within 0.5Mb (8.5Mb) of its old level at around 9Mb.

I'm not at all  happy with this drop in speed but I'll be patient and see how things pan out.

It's looking very likely that the HH5 is the offender here, I'd like to see a statement from BT on the matter as at present it just seems they know there is a problem but are keeping quiet and leaving customers out on a limb.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 246

I know you shouldn't need to do this and that cost comes into it but as you all seem to be "into" the stats and workings of your connections I am surprised that you have not bought your own third part VDSL modem/router and done away with the cheap unreliable homehub that BT supply.

There are many forum user who have gone down this route and have never looked back and are rarely if ever on the forum with problems connected to the modem/router. I can only ever recall them singing the praises of getting rid of the BT equipment.

Just something to consider.

0 Ratings
Storm
Expert
Message 38 of 246

I had a Draytek Vigor 2750n but it was constantly dropping the connection, so had to ditch it after spending months working with Draytek to resolve the issue without success.

A third party modem/router does not work for everyone and as I do not want to use a seperate modem and router the HH5 seems to be my only option at present.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer to have equipment that does not leave ports open and I can control and see the stats without hinderance but there are limited options and the only one I've tried personally failed. So not an option for everyone I'm afraid 😞

0 Ratings
r898713
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 246

Finally only dropping out around twice a day, but speed is attrocious at 17Mb down. Not really what I was expecting.

0 Ratings
Storm
Expert
Message 40 of 246

Well my HH3B dropped out for exactly the same reason this morning at 4am after almost 2 days connected, the longest connection I've managed in almost a month now

As others had suggested I've now put the HH5 on with the ECI modem, lets see what happens now although it looks to be somthing other than the HH5 causng this.

I've also lost some 8Mb off my download speed and not at all happy.

BT WE STILL WANT ANSWERS!

0 Ratings