cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Storm
Expert
Message 231 of 246

Re: PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

Same for me, still getting CWMP with ptm301 removed.

Definitely holding the ip better though.

Unfortunately I do not have a third party router to try myself and I'm not about to go and waste more money trying.

TBH I wouldn't be that bothered if I had a Static IP Address but as BT will not do them for us mere residential customers it will be time to move on next month to someone who will if this is not resolved.

0 Ratings
karlos103
Contributor
Message 232 of 246

I have a non bt router to try… which probably will try once bt have fixed line issue im having ,im guessing that will sort issue…. And if does I might stick with the openreach modem and get a top notch router like the netgear nighthawk 

0 Ratings
karlos103
Contributor
Message 233 of 246

still no PPP errors ...had 1 CWMP errors today ...l was this only - usually 4 lines .

14:01:58, 16 Feb.(172826.330000) CWMP: Initializing transaction for event code 2 PERIODIC
0 Ratings
TommyC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 234 of 246

Hi guys,

Just to update from my post on page 15. I contacted BT tech support again. Very helpful this time round but still problem unresolved.

I was given some tips to change wireless channel settings in order to get a more stable wifi, which is good advice if you're having probs with slow speeds, but it doesn't help with this issue. Neither am I using wireless when these disconnects occur.

The BT line fault guys reported again there is an issue with my line but they've not yet pin pointed where the error may lie.

The issue with the line is one of the last remaining possibilities for why this is happening. This fact that the modem is trying to optimise it's connection is also feasible. Other than that I can only think it's something on BTs end with how their connections work or something else external (perhaps even installed on the PC?)

I've mentioned in my previous post that I've troubleshooted many of the other possibilities, such as different modems, so really save yourself the trouble and believe me, they're not the issue!

I've sent a message to Community Manager Sean, as requested. I tried to send one to Neal but no msg send link came up.

As always, would appreciate any further info on ways to resolve this if you guys come up with anything.

0 Ratings
karlos103
Contributor
Message 235 of 246

With  ptm301 removed from openreach modem ...will this cause any longterm problems ? will it stop your modem from adjust speeds etc or is that done at the cab ??

Cheers

Karl

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 236 of 246

I removed it years ago and I don't use a Homehub router and my speeds have always been max, except when some Kelly's guy has been in the cab. This occasionally causes DLM to slow down my connection but it's soon back at the max.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
Robbo88
Contributor
Message 237 of 246

I wonder if this will end up on the next episode of Watchdog... This starts to become a joke when it happens 3/4 times a day, why should i pay £44 for a service that i cant rely on, to me this is a big issue and the speed for a solution is slow and no update from no one makes it that much more depressing, to be honest if it wasnt the fact i play online games i wouldnt have noticed the issue in the first place, I just wonder how many people really have this issue, cant just be a few considering the amount of people who have chipped in on this thread. at the end of the day this is a issue at BTs end, my speed has been very stable and that led me to think it was due to this "re-sync" but that was shot down by another user, i was on broadband for 10yrs with BT with no issues whats so ever, but when fibre gets put in my town fairford, i get nothing but issues with this PPP LCP request, when someone mentioned in a early post that they had this issue when they was on a "Pluto trail" surely they would have come up with a solution for it then rather thne not do anything about and now make this one of the top threads on there forum...

0 Ratings
TommyC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 238 of 246

I don't think the resyncing has been ruled out. I haven't seen that confirmed by one of the mods or anyone at BT.

The wording of the error certainly makes it sound like it could well be part of a random process ' a user request'. What is requesting it and why? Is this a command from the ISP as it's detecting disruption or latency issues on the line?

Or is it a process of the modem? If this is the case, I've used lots of routers in the past from Belkin, various BT and Netgear. All have been having this issue. It seems unlikely there's a setting on each of these that would cause this.

It must be someting from the ISP or a problem with the lines or a mixture of both, right?

0 Ratings
karlos103
Contributor
Message 239 of 246

Well had another load of CWMP errors come through in last hour or so ...still no PPP error ....looking to me like homehub 5 will have to go on ebay and will get me a netgear r7000 nighthawk and stick with the 2 box option ....but still need line fixing first as having DSL drops when it rains, today been dry and been fine but still have low download speeds ....used to be on atleast 65mb ...now down to 36mb ...line says good for 42- 52mb now on btwholesale speed test ...

0 Ratings
karlos103
Contributor
Message 240 of 246

Spoke to soon… .loads of PPP errors over night so switching off ptm301 has made no difference… can it be add back to openreach modem ?
0 Ratings