Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dave123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 241 of 246

Re: PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

Hi all,  I have been following this issue since it first appeared and would like to add my comments.  Like a lot of other people, I have been getting the same problem since I upgraded to the HH5 before christmas.  The PPP error seams to be very random and I lose both the internet and broadband connections at the same time as shown in the log.  The interuption to service is so quick that I hardly ever notice it in practice.  As a test, I switched back to my original  HH3A with seperate open reach modem.  Since changing over there have been no connection issues for the past 4 days.  The only report in the log that has any bearing and has already been mentioned is CWMP which I get every 24hrs on the dot. 

0 Ratings
infinidim
Expert
Message 242 of 246

@Dave123 wrote:

Hi all,  I have been following this issue since it first appeared and would like to add my comments.  Like a lot of other people, I have been getting the same problem since I upgraded to the HH5 before christmas.  The PPP error seams to be very random and I lose both the internet and broadband connections at the same time as shown in the log.  The interuption to service is so quick that I hardly ever notice it in practice.  As a test, I switched back to my original  HH3A with seperate open reach modem.  Since changing over there have been no connection issues for the past 4 days.  The only report in the log that has any bearing and has already been mentioned is CWMP which I get every 24hrs on the dot. 

I think you will find that the "once a day" CWMP message is part of the BT Retail monitoring process. It relates to the TR-069 Broadband Forum technical specification. CWMP stands for CPE WAN Management protocol. TR-069 and CWMP describe the "auto configuration server" to "user end CPE (Home Hub etc.)" protocol and what information is available and can be implemented.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
karlos103
Contributor
Message 243 of 246

So do you think we are just better off sticking with openreach modem and getting a good 3rd party router and just selling the hh5 ?
I know takes up 2 sockets but what extra wattage would I expected have the 2 boxes compared to a single hh5 ?
These errors are becoming a pain as dont loose dsl but loose connection with router instead .
0 Ratings
Dave123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 244 of 246

I think I'll stay with the HH3/modem configuration for another two weeks and if no errors report the problem to BT as a faulty hub and see where that leads.  Its a pity as  the HH5 was giving higher speeds on both ethernet and wireless.  I don't believe there is any problems with my broadband link.

0 Ratings
karlos103
Contributor
Message 245 of 246

well im still having dsl disconnects ...bt coming out saturday (again) to look at issue ...to me line is the issue and soon as it rains i get disconnects ...all day yesterday it was fine ...but was dry !!

Just getting fed up with the hh5 disconnecting from wifi and net and all the error codes....think will get me the netgear r7000 nighthawk and use openreach modem

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 246 of 246

Hi All

We have been to the Hub team and they have conducted some investigations and would like to clarify a few things about the PPP LCP log entries that you are reporting.

The log entries are reporting that the PPP session has dropped, they do not indicate the cause of the drops. The Hub team have said that on a standard line operating under ‘expected’ condition you can expect to see these messages occasionally but there is no cause for concern unless you are seeing multiple occurrences of them in a short time period, at which point we would expect DLM to act to introduce a more stable profile.   As a rule DLM will not kick in unless there are more than 10 physical drops in connection per day, or a high average of error’d seconds on the line above its trigger threshold. The team have advised that these entries can arise due to an issue anywhere between the VDSL modem (The Openreach router or the Home Hub 5 depending on your setup) and the BRAS but again would like to reiterate that the Hub or these messages are not causing the drop.

So far looking at the cases we have taken offline we can see that a number of the individuals do have physical line faults.  There has been no indication of a fault with the Home Hub in any of the individual cases we have looked at.  

We appreciate everybody’s contribution on this thread and acknowledge that there is some great information here, however we feel that at this point the best option is to lock the thread.  The reason behind this is that a few posters seem have a genuine issue with their broadband and by posting on here means that you are not getting the benefit from the community as a whole. Each individual customer who believes they have a broadband issue should be encouraged to start their own thread and allow the experience and expertise of other community members to help work through any issues.  The mods will still be on hand to step in should the issue go unresolved and this thread will still be here for anyone looking for information about the what the message means in the event log entry, but for now we have answered the original question so we believe no more value can be added by leaving the thread to run.

I would like to thank everyone for the continued patience whilst we have been investigating with the hub team.

Cheers