cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

PPPoE error timeout

Go to solution

Hi

Actually I don't use to have problems with BT but today I lost my Internet connection, the lights of my hub are Orange so I checked this error several times in the logs, PPPoE error TIMEOUT so it seems the hub send a PPPoED to looking for in the bt network a device to get a PPP session and make the connection point to point to have Internet access however it looks like the hub doesn't received any response for BT network and it stop to send more PPPoED

Actually I'm a bit worried because the engineer is going to have a look and change the hub but reading other posts in this community changing the hub wont fix the issue because it seems to be in the bt network. 

Regards and Thanks. 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: PPPoE error timeout

Go to solution

An Openreach engineer cannot change the hub as they don't carry them. He /she will ensure the connection to the master socket will supply you with an internet connection within Openreach parameters.

Should the problem be with the hub that is down to your ISP, in this case BTRetail and should have been found before an engineer was booked.

Do you have a dial tone on you phone line? Which exchange are you on?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hi pippincp

Thanks you for responding.

Despite my bt includes landline I don't have any Phone line.

My bt broadband is fibre with BT Halo 1

Regards and Thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

You mean you don't have a phone handset, one of the best diagnostic tools you can have for under £10.

You'll have to wait for the engineer.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Yes, is it, specially because I use all the time my smartphone so I don't miss the phone line XDD

Speaking with the agents, the fault is outside so the engineer is not going to visit my house tomorrow he/she will be outside so all I can do is wait and cross my fingers till bt solve the issue

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @JakeEvans and welcome to our community.

I'd be interested in the outcome of your engineer visit so please post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Thank you David

Finally nobody came here and checking anything so I called bt again and they will send an engineer this Tuesday to my house.

I'll post any update I have

Regards and Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @JakeEvans,

How did things go with the engineer of Tuesday?

Thanks, 

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Hi PaddyB

He was checking the sockets and the TP, ONT openreach and hub were working so finally he says the problem is outside so he booked an appointment with other engineer for tomorrow Friday to check where can be the problem and fix it I hope.

Once it is fixed he'd call me to check with me my broadband is working. I hope give good news tomorrow.

Thanks you all to be here

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @JakeEvans,

Thank you for posting back to let us know.

Please keep us updated with how things go tomorrow.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings