cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crcky
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Packet Loss

So basically have been suffering quite significant packet loss while I play Battlefield 4. It wasn't so bad a month or so ago, but for the past 2 weeks it happens all the time to the point where the game is near impossible to play. Rubberbanding everywhere, getting killed instantly off of 1 bullet, and having to press buttons multiple times to perform actions. I play on euro servers only and try to never join a server over 40 ping.

I've tried other games and they all play fine, even playing Rust on an American server felt like a better connection and it was 130+ ping.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
crcky
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Packet Loss

No help at all, anybody else having problems playing ea games online?

0 Ratings
bartman1967
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

Play BF4 every night, only play UK servers, any outside the UK are now pointless, was thinking of going back to Virgin Media but in my area they had less capacity than a sardine tin, will have to enquire I think...mmmm.

It's been like it for months (14 now) and nothing will be done, I have seen people have complete lines replaced to the cabinet on these forums, but it depends on which OR engineer you get, one that cares, not the ones that don't give 2 hoots and look at you with an expression of a sheet of A4 when you talk about anything remotely connected to networking.

Good luck, see you here again very, very soon.

BT, BTW can you not use a spell checker thats only corrects another language, we need it to be UK English....pffttt

What's slow about FTTC........DLM 😞
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

0 Ratings
Friday
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Yep lots of problems with no fixes!
0 Ratings
crcky
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

I also mostly play on UK servers and at a push German servers which are usually around 30 ping and when I first got the game most of my matches were fine and after I had some problems at the end of Jan the quality of gameplay went downhill.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
bartman1967
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

Its the netcode Smiley Very Happy

As EA say, and they are working on it, they say. But when you are put on a high interleaving level set by DLM because of a constant line fault then any server out of the UK has a ping of 50ms+, makes signing up for Infinity 2 for a "Gaming Experience Second To None" as the old (banned) adverts mentioned takes all the glory of FTTC and shoves it in a pile of poop.

TBH most of the UK is stretched for high speed capacity, maybe when FTTP is completely here then it might be different.

0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
Message 8 of 11

I have spent over 2 months trying to get answers from EA and this is todays reply,

Ok, it looks as if we've exhausted the troubleshooting possibilities for your console.

I've had a look through your Battlelog and can see you are successfully playing online, although I appreciate that intermittent disconnections are very frustrating.

At the moment there have been some well publicised issues with online gaming on the next Gen Consoles, some of which will be down to server stability on our end, some of which have been due to intermittent issues with the Xbox Live Service, and some of which have been due to Internet Service Provider issues in the US Mid West over February.

All of which have led to quite a bumpy ride so far.

DICE, the game studio who developed Battlefield are committed to working with our service partners to improve this, however in game issues have not been resolved as quickly as we would all like to see.

We anticipate online play to improve over time, and congestion on the networks should be reduced once Private Servers become available on next gen consoles, however as yet we do not have an ETA on when this will go live.

The battlefield team are trying to be as transparent as possible when it comes to in game developments and updates, and their forum site is a great source of information,http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/

From the event information on your logs, and the Speed Test and UO trace you have so kindly provided, I do not believe your in game connections problems will be resolved by Technical Troubleshooting at a customer service level.

Instead it will require back of house updates to be rolled out to all users.

As a goodwill gesture I have issued 1 Silver Battlepack and 2 Bronze Packs to your account, they should be visible when you next log in.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused, if there is anything further we can help with, do let us know and we will endeavour to assist you to the best of our abilities.

0 Ratings
AmAtoL
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 11

While BF4 has a lot of so called netcode issues, there a are a few servers out there that play better than the rest.

Personally I have given up on Infinity for FPS gaming, it's not what it says on the tin, disconnection commencing 17th of this month.

Luckily I have  Virgin line as well which I am using now, also it is much better than Infinity for BF4 for some reason.

I have had a few good games on BC2, then BF3 and now BF4 but overall it's been a let down.

Try this if you are on PC :- http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/e3fe72ce-da55-4f05-89d2-fccdac603ae5/NOOBS-BEGI...

Best hitreg server for me.

0 Ratings
bartman1967
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

@AmAtoL wrote:

While BF4 has a lot of so called netcode issues, there a are a few servers out there that play better than the rest.

Personally I have given up on Infinity for FPS gaming, it's not what it says on the tin, disconnection commencing 17th of this month.

Luckily I have  Virgin line as well which I am using now, also it is much better than Infinity for BF4 for some reason.

I have had a few good games on BC2, then BF3 and now BF4 but overall it's been a let down.

Try this if you are on PC :- http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/e3fe72ce-da55-4f05-89d2-fccdac603ae5/NOOBS-BEGI...

Best hitreg server for me.

Good luck mate, VM is to saturated here, Infinity 2 was amazing when I first started using it, BF3 was great to start off with, had pings of 10 -13ms on all uk servers and 15-20 on Euro ones, 5 months after install the network went down here after it was repaired never had a ping less than 20ms on UK servers and gave up on the Euro ones, I have reported it but the end result after many months of complaining and emails they turned round and told me that they will do nothing unless the ping was over 100ms, as soon as my contract is up virgin media will be getting a call, all my friend are still on it and they have no problems, pings are always sub 14ms on UK servers and below 20ms on Euro ones.

So really its a problem with BT, not EA. (Proof in the pudding = US spell checker)

Might see you on the battlefieldSmiley Wink

0 Ratings