cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lornalo
Message 1 of 3

Packets Bloocked and Defragmentation Errors on Route - when Working at home over office VPN

Hi All

I have a home hub 5a and have recently started getting issues when connecting to my work office VPN using the Cisco VPN client. I get messages like the below on my event log on the router.

I dont understand why my router is blocking incoming packets from my office. This has just started recently. My office is saying the problem is NOT at their end. And I cant seem to find anywhere to log this issue with BT? 

this has worked fine for over a year and now suddenly out the blue the router is now blocking packets sent from my office?????

Anyone got any ideas? 

16:17:48, 24 Oct.IN: ACCEPT [57] Connection closed (Port Forwarding: UDP [192. MY MACHINE]:XXXX <-​-​> [109.157.210.166]:XXXX -​ -​ -​ [ANOTHER ADDRESS]:YYYY ppp3 NAPT)

IN: BLOCK [5] Fragmented packet (IP 192.168.MYMACHINE-​>83.OFFICEMACHINE fragment_offset=1264)

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Packets Bloocked and Defragmentation Errors on Route - when Working at home over office VPN

Get a decent router.
0 Ratings
lornalo
Message 3 of 3

Re: Packets Bloocked and Defragmentation Errors on Route - when Working at home over office VPN

Yeah - Ive ordered a cheap one to see if that "solves" the issue. 

I have had my Hub now for over a year so dont understand why it would suddenly start blocking my  VPN connection unless something has changed at the BT server side. Which could potentially affect another router if that is the case. 

Any opinions as to what constitutes a "decent router"? 

0 Ratings