cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yoanJ
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Patchy Infinity

Reported a speed and disconnection issue with Infinity to 150 back in mid June, BT asked questions relaing to the internal installation, run some remote tests and suggested it was an issue with the line, thus arranged a engineer visit. He turned up and checked the internal installation which was fine as per the original call and said it was an external issue and rolled the issue back to Openreach. A week later I called BT (150) and they said an engineer would visit. He came yesterday and said he swapped my circuit to the only spare pair in the cable to the street cab. Now I have better upload speeds but woweful download speeds according to anything I test, I'm connected direct to the HH5 and get the folowing results, Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 20.23.21.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-03 at 20.21.01.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-03 at 20.19.22.png  

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Patchy Infinity

@yoanJ

Random but important question, have you checked for any audible noise on the line? 

You need a phone (pref corded) plugged into the master socket, and dial 17070. 

Master_Socket_Types.png

Left to right, A, B, C D. 

Should look like A, or B usually. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
yoanJ
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

No noise on the line, and the socket engineer fitted is a side by side socket like this one Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 20.47.30.png

0 Ratings
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

@yoanJ

Excellent that's a new NTE 5c.

OK, another suggestion.  Did the Hub come with a supplied "dangly" filter?  Could you remove the front plate (it unclips) leave the hub connected via the filter (perhaps for a good few hours) and see if it improves?

Before doing that, you mentioned a problem you had before this, which was "fixed" via a "lift and shift" (you were moved to another pair of supplied cables).  I wonder if the Engineer had the line reset, if not DLM (Dynamic Line Management) may have kicked in previously and it's kept the speed low. 

Avoid, where possible, resetting or disconnecting the Hub as it will show up as a problem connection. 

I'd hold off my initial suggestion for a bit. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
yoanJ
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Home hub 5 connected directly to the master socket. I'll sit tight for a few days to see it it improves

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Which exchange and cabinet are you on - you deleted from dslchecker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
yoanJ
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Telephone Number 0149579xxxx on Exchange BLAENAVON is served by Cabinet 4.

12 months ago I was 76K dn and 20k up but line kept dropping when it rained,  reported that and repaired outside somewhere so fine when it rained but speeds getting progressively worse

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

You are on Huawei cab so when connection settle DLM will activate G.INP which should give a bit more speed but your attainable speed is very low compared to the estimated range from the dsl checker.  Trying test socket with filter is next thing to try and see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings