cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
napalm32nd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Peak Times Infinaty speeds less then IDSN

Yes this is yet ANOTHER post about  the horrific uslessness of the bt fiber team and infinaty team and support in genral.

i hav ebeen having issues since the start of the year really. i have proff dating back almost that far and bt have done nothing to solve the issue  like every one else it seems on the forum they as you to run the  further diags and send the results problem is they HAVE NOT EVER WORKED Further more the times im having problems is  handaly after all the call senders are freaking closed and none one is able to help. some of the results from over this LONG  standing issue.

Untitled111.jpgUntitled111.jpgUntitled11111.jpgUntitled111111.jpgUntitled1111111.jpgUntitled11111111.jpgUntitled111111111.jpg

i might wanna add every time i have talked to a support worker  at bt  and bt wholesale and bt  fiber team i have  folloed everythign they have asked of me including the usless waste of tie powercycling my equitment 15,000 times .

one opperator even insisted  i did it and i was to unplug my phone while on the line to him at this point i refused to deal with him further becuse he clearly had no grasp oh realiaty and could not understand i was on phone talkign to him so unpluging it would just terminate my  support  call that i had  sat in a line for  20 mins, on another  occation some one transfermed me to another team that had gone home and had me sit on a line for 45 mins with no  hope of the line ever being picked up, i confermed this when i called back on another telephone and told them i had been waiting  for this other team for 45 mins and what the hell is going on.

at this point i would rather go back to talk talk boardband it was a slower connection on paper but it worked. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Peak Times Infinaty speeds less then IDSN

Have you come onto this forum just to rant ? If that's the case, then please consider your rant to have had it's fair airing.....

However, if you have come onto this forum in order to improve your broadband connection, then can you please repost the results of the tests that you have carried out, as at the moment, they are unreadable. It would also help, if you were to mention the type of problem you are having......Smiley Wink

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
napalm32nd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

the title explanes the issue at peak times my connection is worse then an old isdn connection thanks for trying to be a smart **bleep** but NOT helpful also the image are at max size for the forum posting unfortunettly. EIDT only one of them is at max size but that is still to small to read so meh.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 10

What speeds were you getting on IDSN?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 10

Hi Guys,

Please keep it friendly.

PaulK

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account 🙂
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 10

@napalm32nd wrote:

thanks for trying to be a smart **bleep** but NOT helpful also the image are at max size for the forum posting unfortunettly. EIDT only one of them is at max size but that is still to small to read so meh.

It is common Knowledge on this forum the failings of the BT customer support setup. This is a BT customer to BT customer forum, and so many of the posters on here have been through the very same assault course. I was certainly not trying to be a "smart **bleep**", but when trying to help another customer sort out there broadband connection, then it becomes a pain in the proverbial reading through the failings of the support (which we already know), without getting the details necessary to get the connection improved.......

Are you on Infintiy 1 or Infinity 2 ?

What is your set-up ?

Have you tried the quiet line test ? Using a corded phone plugged into the test port on your master socket (with nothing else connected), and dial 17070 option 2. The line should be, well er, quiet with no crackles, humming, buzzing, etc.....

Please put your number into http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput and after removing said number, post the results.

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Highlighted
napalm32nd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

fFrst may i state this is a MUCH nicer and useful way of asking a question thank you.

I am on bt infiniaty 1 unlimited my phone line had a a new line feeded to house becuse 3 of my pairs were busted  out of the 5 layed  so the line is clean. no buzz etc but i also have fiber to the premises so i litrally dont use the copper out side now.

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date

WBC FTTPUp to 330Up to 30--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 3.5--2 to 6Available
ADSL MaxUp to 2.5--1.5 to 5Available
WBC Fixed Rate1----Available
Fixed Rate1----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available

my set up is desktop pc custom build (i5 haswell 4670k, 4gb DD3 Hyperx Ram, etcetc nothign else really is inportant.) but also tested with a dell stuido laptop both have same issue, this includes any wifi device trying to use the connection (dissconnected all devices baring the desktop OR laptop when running tests) both desktop and laptop runngin windows 7 home preimum 64bit , Bt Home Hub 3 with open Reach fiber box on interior wall of  premises, Desk top is connected to main port for high speed on home hub 3 cant remember what one that is but its been check by every  bt support on the phone line.

That shoudl be more information then requiered.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 10

In order to rule out the Homehub3 as potentially being the device responsible for your speed loss, you can connect the fibre modem directly to the PC and try some more speedtests. To do that  follow these steps:

Step 1: Remove the homehub from the fibre modem cable

Step2: Connect your pc/laptop to the fibre modem via the cable instead

Step3: Open network and sharing centre on windows and click set up a new connection or network

Step4: Connect to the internet then click make a new connection Broadband PPPoE

Step5: Username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and the password as BT

Step6: connect, If it doesn't,keep pressing try again until it does.

If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
napalm32nd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

In fact ive had a replacment hub and used another  hub 3  from a family memeber i dont think its the hub.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 10

You may not think it's the hub, but if you try out what I suggested then you will know 😉
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings