Did you mean: 
Highlighted
torque57
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Peak time congestion - fault dragging on

Go to solution

Hi all,

I wonder if a mod could take a look at this for me? I've already left a poor speed test on the wholesale tester (I didn't screenshot it but something like 25Mb for a max sync speed Infinity 2 connection) and used the automated fault reporter but from there I'm not really sure what's happened.

Since reporting the fault it's changed from slow speed to 'no web pages' for some reason, the stored contact number keeps changing back to the original one despite me going in and changing it about 4-5 times and when they do call they don't seem to know what's going on. The (now very annoying, daily) calls go something like this:

We're checking the fault has been fixed?

It was still poor last night and no connection reset so not as far as I know.

So it's OK today?

No.

OK we will phone again tomorrow.

Why? What's the point in phoning me daily, interrupting what I'm doing to ask a question you already know the answer to?

OK we won't phone again.

(Phone again the next day)

The online fault tracker has been stuck at 'we aim to fix... next 2 days' for a few days now - it did drop down to 1 day yesterday but has gone back up again and stayed there! Estimated fix date was the 23rd December. I do understand and expect delays over the bank holidays but the way it's being handled is becoming frustrating now.

I wonder if a mod could take a look and see what's actually happening with the fault because regular support channels are like headbutting a wall sadly. The fault has been open since the 19th.

Thanks for reading, and sorry for what turned into a bit of a rant!

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Peak time congestion - fault dragging on

Go to solution

@torque57

Is this just slow speed during peak times, or slow speed all the time?

Is the actual connection speed changing, or is just the download speed changing?

0 Ratings
torque57
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Hello,

Thanks very much for your reply!

Sync speed is unchanged at 79.99D 20.00U, it's just peak time speeds so possibly a congested SVLAN?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

@torque57 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks very much for your reply!

Sync speed is unchanged at 79.99D 20.00U, it's just peak time speeds so possibly a congested SVLAN?

Please can you follow the procedure on this page. Thanks.

Action to take when download speed are dropping during peak times

You can post the results on this thread.

0 Ratings
torque57
Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

There will already be such a speed test logged with BTW from the day I reported the fault, just I didn't think to take a screenshot. I'm on exchange LVHUY.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

@torque57 wrote:

There will already be such a speed test logged with BTW from the day I reported the fault, just I didn't think to take a screenshot. I'm on exchange LVHUY.

Liverpool Huyton, I will ask a moderator.

They would normally requre a number of screenshots, as explained on that web page. You nned to follow the steps described.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Why are you averse to doing another and posting a screenshot here?

0 Ratings
torque57
Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Because as you should already know and as it says in that link, running another speed test overwrites the results of the last one and as it's not currently peak time, you'd get a nice ~80Mb result.

Edit: @Keith_Beddoe Thanks, much appreciated. If they really need it I can do it again this evening, there's little point doing one right now.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@torque57 I'm really sorry about the problem with your connection speed at peak times. The Huyton exchange currently has 3 SVLAN's on the congestion report which advises new infrastructure is needed in order to fix this, but the target fix date for this is not until 30/03/18.  If you send over your details we'll see if Wholesale can move your connection to a less congested SVLAN as a temporary solution. You'll find the contact the mods link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
torque57
Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Form submitted. Thanks everyone for getting back to me so quickly on this, and for NeilO for looking into it. Apologies if I'm coming across as irate, I don't expect faults to be fixed next-day but the standard process is quite frustrating.

Let me know if you need any more details. 🙂

0 Ratings