cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 42

Re: Peaktime throughput speeds less than half minimum speed guarantee.

Go to solution
Will do those two speed tests on Sat, I work late evenings so will be unable to do so until the weekend.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 42

Go to solution

thats ok  it will also help mods

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 42

Go to solution

Hi guys, someone suggested I did a quiet line test at the test socket using my corded phone. I did it and there is like a popping noise, like "pop, pop, pop" every half a second or so. Also there was crackling when picking up the phone. Would this affect peak time speeds in anyway or are these kind of noise problems phone call based only? Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 42

Go to solution

Any noise on the line could affect your broadband though it won't be the cause of your peaktime reduction. Report a noisey line.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 42

Go to solution

Thanks will do. Also do you know what bandwidth or fibre link speed they put to each FTTC cabinet? Is it possible for the congestion to be at the cabinet if it happens to be full? Like does it have a 10gbs fibre link to the exchange or less do you think? Only reason I ask is because I've had this peak time speed issue with TalkTalk and BT. Only just changed to BT. Obviously there is a chance both suppliers are having congestion issues at the exchange though. But would like to rule out the cab if I can. My cab is one of those all in one types, with a g.fast pod on the side.

I also just realised, this problem all started after they enabled FTTP orders in my area.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 42

Go to solution

It is impossilbe to have congestion at they cab. FTTP goes nowhere near a cab and is served from an aggregation node.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 42

Go to solution

No I don't have FTTP, its just installed in the area. I'm on FTTC. I can't get full fibre yet as I'm an MDU and waiting for the freeholder to give openreach permission to install.

So the FTTC cabs for FTTC customers should be able to handle all the connections without congestion, even if they are maxed out? I'm finding conflicting info on the web, so asking here. Some say they have a 10gbs link to the exchange and some say 1gbs link. I'm guessing mine is the big one with 288 connections maybe more with the extra gfast pod. I guess what I'm saying is, if let's say 200 of the houses were using Netflix at the same time, would it cause congestion at the cab.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 42

Go to solution

The cab has enough capacirty for every connection to run at max.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 42

Go to solution

OK cool thanks. Do you know if they put vectoring in cabs now? I do have one with a g.fast pod on the side

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 42

Go to solution

Not, they don't use vectoring, G.INP is used instead.

0 Ratings