cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bencrowle
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Pear shaped infinity 1 install step 2: Missed engineer appointment

Bit dissapointed, after reading some horror stories about missed appointments and the like, to now appear to be experiencing it myself. 

I had placed an order for Infinity 1 and TV Essential Extra back on September 16th, Youview box and homehub 5 arrived earlier than ETA i was given of 22/10, so i was expecting it all to go swimmingly.  However i had no warning or prior notice that the installation on 24/10 wasnt going to happen.  So after waiting all morning and wasting a half days holiday here i am, no engineer arrived and no BT superfast broadband .. . 

I called CS and they were supposed to call me back today but that didnt happen either.  Although my online order tracker page now says an engineer visit is no longer necessary, i doubt that as looking at the wall plate and the HH5 there aint nothing to connect the two together. 

I'm not unreasonable, I appreciate things happen and the odd appointment gets missed, i work in construction and have organised numerous new connections, but surely they are able to inform the discerning retail customer ?  Am i not paying for this ?  Are there alternatives ?  Yes to both obviously. 

Can anyone please assist with best course of action to get this sorted most effectively ? 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Pear shaped infinity 1 install step 2: Missed engineer appointment

I can ask a mod to look in on this thread and they will ask you to contact them but it does take 3-5 days for them to get to you as they take requests in strict rotation in fairness to all.

They would then take ownership and see things through to conclusion.

0 Ratings
bencrowle
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the reply, any assistance from the esteemed mods would be 100% appreciated. 

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 8

Done for you.

nirvana4eva
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Am also having same install mishaps. Pippincp can you please look at my case below this one and do the same action. That would be appreciated. Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi bencrowle & nirvana4eva,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

Sorry for the problems you guys are having with your order.  I can help sort things out from here.  To get in touch, click on my username and under the section "about me" you'll see the link to "contact the mods".

Can you include the link to this thread when you complete the form please?  Whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

All the best,

Robbie

bencrowle
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Thanks RobbieMac,

Just completed your contact form. Fingers crossed for a swift resolution, missed walking dead season 4 on Friday and Bath vs Gloucester rugby, obviously a life or death situation.

In all seriousness though, i need to be online for work ASAP.

Got 80/20 FTTP being installed at work in the next few weeks also, hoping that goes better than this. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
bencrowle
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Just spoken to BT, apparently infinity isnt available in my area, despite the fact it clearly was previously and allowed me to order it.  What a total shambles.  So that's my order cancelled thank you very much. 

0 Ratings